Mindshare | Global Client Lead
Overview of job
Come and do the best work of your career in one of the best cities in the world. This role is almost as unique as the client and location. The role, based in Sydney Australia, looks after a global tourism client. The incumbent will be tasked with leading a passionate global team to help deliver amazing campaigns that deliver tangible results. The incumbent will get to travel internationally monthly and deliver and grow with this client.
The Global Client Leader has ultimate responsibility for the agency's relationship and performance on their assigned client(s) across all markets worldwide. They ensure that all recommendations and agency initiatives drive our clients’ business whilst generating a strong commercial return for Mindshare.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managing Director, Mindshare Sydney
3 best things about the job:
1. Global Client – looking to deliver interesting and market leading campaigns
2. Sydney location – the opportunity to work on a global client in one of the best cities in the world
3. Do the best work of your career – target professional development and culture that supports learning.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Built respect, understanding and commitment from the client
- Familiarised yourself with the Mindshare Adaptive Marketing Framework, working practices and the key strategic tools and product differentiators available to the agency.
- Established a relationship with the key partners both internally and externally, including clients, Client Leaders, Investment Teams, Strategic Business Units and other agency partners.
In six months:
- Developed an understanding of your client’s key communications challenges and identified opportunities to positively impact the client’s business.
- Presented a number of strategic recommendations that have led to a new approach in media and delivered opportunities for optimising existing approaches.
In 12 months:
- Established yourself as the client’s trusted advisor in all things related to communications strategy and beyond, bringing value to every client and agency partner interaction.
- Delivered a number of pieces of award-worthy work, bringing fresh insights and ground breaking innovation throughout the entire Paid, Owned & Earned connections architecture.
- Elevated the overall product offering of the agency by driving education and application of key methodologies and planning tools.
What your day job looks like at Mindshare:
- Ensures that their direct reports and local market teams understand their role and responsibilities
- Ensures they live and breathe the Mindshare values and assist in keeping them alive across the agency
- Leads the career development of their direct reports (regular coaching, monthly catch ups, career development discussions, KPIs, on the job/classroom training) and oversees career development of other Connections Planners in their team
- Gives motivating/constructive feedback to all team members working on their client (including local markets where required) in a timely manner
- Ensures they and their team have a pro-active mentality/approach to their work
- Sets the team vision for client across all markets and areas of the business with quarterly check-ins to track progress
- Drives the team and agency culture in line with Mindshare Professional Etiquette Guidelines
- Leads a positive, motivating and inspiring culture within their client team
- Inspires and motivates their team centrally and locally to think differently and deliver best in market product
- Works collaboratively with client teams on key projects to ensure people are brought into the process in a timely manner
- Delegates work effectively to team members (across the agency) and local market teams
- Cascades client/business knowledge and context to the relevant people working on their client centrally and locally
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of the agency planning process and the roles and responsibilities at each stage
- Has a thorough knowledge of the Mindshare differentiators and actively seeks opportunities to apply them on their clients
- Leads and inspires the development of original and impactful initiatives across every aspect of the client’s business
- Drives collaboration across all business divisions and local market teams
- Provides ongoing direction and feedback to the wider client team to ensure thinking is deliverable in media and brought to life effectively
- Prioritises the workflow across all divisions working on their clients
- Leads quality control of work going to the client across all business divisions to ensure our product is answering the business need
- Produces a thought leadership/POV/innovation calendar for their clients in collaboration with local markets and other divisions of the business
- Shares and cascades best practice work from around the world to central clients and local markets
- Develops written documents and presentations that are clear, compelling and deliver a tangible outcome
- Enhances the agency product by developing and sharing thought leadership and case studies both internally and externally
- Ensures all communication to internal and external stakeholders is clear and delivered in a timely manner
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of GroupM products/processes
- Has ultimate responsibility for the agency relationship at all levels and all local markets on their clients
- Has trusted advisor relationship at the most senior level of their client’s business
- Has a thorough understanding of their clients’ business (customer, business model, PEST) and category
- Oversees effective management of client and agency partner expectations with regards to the deadlines and delivery of all work
- Delivers a well-informed POV in every meeting and coaches direct reports in building their POV
- Facilitates client and agency meetings and workshops in an inspiring and effective manner to deliver on desired outcomes
- Produces and leads the delivery of post appraisal action plans for their client
- Cascades appraisal action plan to relevant parties on the client team and local markets as relevant
- Drives positive collaboration with partner agencies
- Develops and monitors Service Level Agreements with clients in collaboration with Commercial Director
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders – Mindshare and GroupM – at both a local and global level
- Has a strong understanding of WPP and external partner offerings in media, content, tech and research
- Produces an annual business plan for their client(s) that drives the business forward
- Tracks client profitability throughout the year and drives action plan as required
- Leads conversations for annual commercial client contracts, scope negotiations and resource structure in collaboration with Commercial Director
- Attends monthly meetings with senior agency management to present a status and relevant actions to deliver to the client business needs
- Leads monthly FTE reconciliations
- Leads commercial, contractual and governance tracking for procurement
- Identifies and converts new business opportunities/incremental revenue to the business through SBUs and/or 3rd parties
What you’ll bring:
- Open mind.
- Willingness to collaborate and draw in experts when needed.
- Creative media thinking.
- Ability to tell a compelling story through data, business context and human behaviour.
- Willingness to be hands on and a team player.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience across multiple international markets relevant to the client
- Track record of leading teams to deliver high quality results
- International awards are highly regarded
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - #teammindshare. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare and facebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.