[m]Platform | PBU Operation Senior Executive
Overview of job
We are looking for a Senior Executive to join the Programmatic Buying Unit (PBU) for China. You will play a key role in operation team and report to the Director of the team. You will be highly involved in operation and optimization of programmatic buy, and work closely with other PBU functions as well as agencies, clients, publisher vendors and tech vendors. We are looking for a dedicated individual with a positive attitude, a good working ethic and can be thrives on challenges.
- Take a key role in operating and optimizing various types of programmatic buy campaigns (RTB, PDB, PMP; Display, OTV, Mobile, etc.) for GroupM’s agencies across 12 offices national-wise.
- Cooperate with agencies, publishers, vendors and other PBU members to work on the end to end programmatic process.
- Analyse campaign data, develop insights and strategies for campaign optimization.
- Mentoring and training junior members of PBU.
GroupM Programmatic Buying Unit (PBU) is the first and maybe the only ad trading desk in China that dedicates to 100% disclosed and transparent programmatic business. PBU’s vision is to leverage a disclosed business model to be a revolutionary power of the programmatic ecosystem that brings true values to internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director, Programmatic Buying Unit.
3 best things about the job:
- You would have the opportunity to be one of the pioneer in an emerging industry, which may change the entire digital ecosystem in China market.
- You would be highly evolved into various programmatic campaigns that are unavailable in anywhere else. You would be exposed to clients within different industries, and lead all kinds of programmatic campaigns. (OTV, RTB, PDB, PMP, Native, etc.)
- You could work with the biggest media agency in the world as well as the most experienced programmatic experts in the industry.
In three months:
- Understand basic knowledge of digital media and programmatic buying process. Understand all media concepts, tools and methodologies that used in PBU.
- Be able to lead and manage one or few programmatic campaigns independently and deliver good outcomes eventually.
- Play a key role to coordinate and participate in specific projects.
- Has an in-depth knowledge towards Chinese programmatic/ad-tech environment.
- Be able to initiate and propose projects that bring values to clients, agencies and internal stakeholders.
Hands-on operation and optimization on programmatic campaigns across display, OTV and mobile in all kinds buying methodologies, such as RTB, PDB, PMP and etc.
- Be involved in programmatic planning, data analytics, insight learning and post-buy reports of PBU’s campaigns.
- Work with DSP vendors, 3rd party tracking/data companies and other external stakeholders to ensure the success of PBU’s campaigns.
- Purpose programmatic plans and business initiatives to agencies/clients from a strategy perspectives. Communicate with agencies to understand and meet their demands.
- Mentoring and training junior members of PBU team.
- Bachelors or higher degree in business, marketing, advertising, communication or a related field.
- Has a good working ethics as well as professional integrity, and be passionate towards digital/programmatic industry.
- 1-2 years professional experience in programmatic media buy, digital media or online dvertising. Had worked with DSP vendors, programmatic trading desk, digital marketing agency, ad network, 3rd party data company or other related digital companies.
- Excellent knowledge and skills of Microsoft suites: Excel, Powerpoint and etc.
- Comfortable with numbers; Good understanding of maths (ideally statistics).
- Understanding of digital marketing disciplines from digital display, OTV, SEO, PPC, Ecommerce or Mobile.
- Understanding of ad tracking, web analytics, ad serving, DMP is a strong plus.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English is a plus.
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
China is now the second largest media market, and the world’s most vibrant digital market, growing at double the rate of the US. In 2013, China surpassed the US in e-commerce, and China leads the world in mobile with over 600m smartphone connections. The pace of change and the scale of China’s emerging consumer market are unparalleled in any other market. Global CEOs are looking to China to drive growth, and brands are rushing to keep pace.
If you want a future in media and communications, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than China, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.