Wavemaker | General Manager
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a General Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for managing overall the agency's relationship and performance on Wavemaker clients.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Managing Director
3 Best things about the job:
1.) An opportunity to further your career in senior management role as well as deepen your understanding of business, industry and leadership skill.
2) Work with senior clients of globally networked advertisers who want to challenge the status quo and lead the way in driving its own transformation in digital age.
3). A vibrant agency environment that combines the spirit of stat-up agency whilst at the same time being part of WPP , one of the largest marketing services group in the world.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understanding of the Wavemaker business, culture, planning process and overall product and service offerings.
- Develop understanding of client’s business and their key challenges
- Established relationship with all senior clients as well as with senior members in Wavemaker and GroupM
In six months:
- Providing a strategic view of the client business and leading team to deliver the ideas to improve client’s business result.
- Identified commercial growth opportunities within existing client portfolio and leading new business pitches.
- Implementing Wavemaker Planning Framework for their assigned clients
In 12 months:
- Established yourself as a valued business partner for our clients.
- Established trust with Wavemaker team and key stakeholders in GroupM.
- Deliver innovative, award winning work for your client
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- Ensuring that all recommendations drive our clients’ business as well as generating commercial return.
- Oversees the delivery of media KPIs to ensure they are met and to contract for clients
- Builds deep and influential senior client relationships, leading the path to a strong valued agency relationship.
- Have a strong strategic view of the full client business - their big picture ambitions and challenges e.g. market share, purchase barriers, key competitors, drivers, tasks.
- The driver of maximizing the use of the Wavemaker planning process across your clients
- Work with Managing Partner on quarterly budget reviews to deliver and exceed targets set
- Contributes and leads to new business pitches
- Develops new commercial opportunities for Wavemaker based on client needs in order to grows current client business into other areas eg Content, propriety media
- Provide strong leadership & direction for Wavemaker team.
- Work with Managing Partner and Commercial Team on client contract negotiations.
- Drives client team to work effectively across departments and with other parts of GroupM and WPP
- Minimum 15+ years’ in agency/ media industry with experience in managing client relationships, preferably with FMCG
- Experience in traditional and digital channels.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success working with the decision makers of organizations
- Good at building & maintaining strong client relationships.
- Understands business principles and good practice and perceives issues in both financial and commercial terms.
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
In a population of 66 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 137% with smart phone penetration at 61%. Digital spend has grown 18% year-on-year since 2016 and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media and marketing communication markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.