L'Atelier | Media Manager
Overview of job
L’Atelier Australia is seeking an experienced Media Manager to work on one of the world’s leading luxury groups. This is a rare opportunity to work at the absolute cutting edge of luxury marketing in one of the world’s most exciting luxury markets. With in-bound shoppers from China contributing a staggering $8bn in retail and average e-commerce basket size tripling over the past 2 years, set to reach 18% share of luxury by 2025, Australia is one of the fastest-growing luxury markets in the region. Powered by the dual forces of domestic demand – fuelled by rapid digitization of both purchase and delivery – and the continuing flow of overseas travellers attracted by the nation’s incomparable sights and experiences, Australia is the region’s best example of Eastern and Western commercial values coming together. What happens next? The best way to predict the future is to invent it. L’Atelier exists to invent the customer experience of tomorrow. That’s where you come in.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- You will join a new agency, powered by GroupM, created specifically to service a luxury client portfolio. You will be connected to a fluid and fast-moving regional team that will support and nurture your development with training, mentorship, and constant feedback. You will be set up for success.
- Working on such a large luxury client with a depth of brands means there is a lot of diversity in the role with a focus on leading their media campaigns.
- We are a relatively young team with a vibrant culture of work hard play hard. The brands we look after offer event and entertainment opportunities to enjoy with clients and media partners alike.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- An understanding of the client’s product portfolio, position in market and an insight into their key competitors.
- Become fully up-to-speed in the Australian luxury media landscape, and competitor media landscape across all media channels
- Started to form a point of view of the client’s business and opportunities for building more Digital media into their marketing plans.
- Learnt about Group M’s Behaviours and started applying these in your day-to-day work.
In six months:
- Become a trusted advisor for the client’s media campaigns and be fluently translating these opportunities into campaigns.
- Worked on category trends and insights across the region, keeping up-to-date on all things luxury in Australia
In twelve months:
- Become a trusted client partner and guiding the client’s annual plans including traditional and new media opportunities
- Forecasted Annual investment and worked with the Investment Director in establishing and maintaining trading agreements with media partners.
- Identify areas for improvement that add value to the client and agency
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the channel planning, buying, execution and reporting for media campaigns.
- Manage a number of client stakeholders across product portfolios.
- Guide and develop the future talent within the team.
- Understand the Australian Media landscape and provide recommendations to clients on new trends and innovations.
- Contribute to the wider agency, particularly with a focus on championing products and processes.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the Media or Marketing industry.
- Experience managing at least one Coordinator.
- An understanding of the Australian Media landscape including Digital Media.
- An understanding of the luxury market and/or premium alcohol category
- Hybrid experience across all media channels
- Preferably a background in channel planning and investment
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.