Motivator l Business Director
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Business Director to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for leading client engagement for a large FMCG client.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Client Leader
3 best things about the job:
- A fun and fast paced environment and an opportunity to learn everyday
- Working on a blue-chip clients in the city and being responsible for the not just media but business growth of the client’s brands
- Opportunity to conceptualize and deliver integrated solutions
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understand the values and vision of the company along with the client’s business.
- Settle the team and manage existing relationships
- Audit the current practice and suggest / recommend the best practices on the Business
- Establish leadership stance among key partners, both on client and agency side.
- Translate the client’s needs into clear direction and leadership for all resources working on the account.
- Become completely familiar with the client’s organizational structure, planning process, marketing calendar and the needs of key partners
- Assess and establish the most effective processes of working
- Understand the Motivator way of working and are able to navigate through the verticals as well as central teams
In six months:
- Audit / Mentor and train the existing team to deliver on the business
- Created Award winning work
- Conceptualized media neutral solutions for clients
In 12 months:
- Using consultative process to identify business needs we can address within the clients
- Orchestrate the inputs from the strategy, business and SU teams to develop innovative solutions for clients
- Endorsements from clients on you being a valuable asset on their business
- Trained and mentored the team to be Future Ready
What you’ll bring:
- The person should be capable enough to understand the clients business, their marketing priorities and business bottlenecks and provide solutions which is best suited for the business
- She\he should have an impeccable understanding of marketing / media planning / strategy/ digital and should be able to guide / mentor the team to deliver on the clients business.
- She\he needs to necessarily have had experience in integrated media planning, and should be equally comfortable with offline as well as digital media.
- Should be able to own and manage all aspects of the business right from strategy to execution and operations, and work with relevant teams to do that
- She\he will also be expected to lead some new business pitches
- Integrity, both professional and personal, is valued above everything else
- Minimum 13+ years’ experience in managing client relationships
- Mandatory to have experience working on a large FMCG/ Auto/ Telecom client.
- Ability to understand 360* media and the rapidly changing landscape
- Should have experience in managing teams and client relationships
- Should be proactive and motivating in nature
- Should be able to keep calm and deliver under pressure
- Should be collaborative and accountable and take complete ownership of his\her set of businesses as well as teams
- Should be well informed, well read and conversant with what is happening across industries
- Should be a team player and a person who believes in trust, transparency, commitment and have a “people first” approach
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.