MediaCom | Media Planner
This role forms a key part of the MediaCom Japan Client Team. The Media Planner will be responsible for delivering outstanding integrated media plans for a portfolio of high-profile multinational brands working collaboratively with local, regional and global colleagues to deliver best in class service and delivery to the clients.
Working within the wider integrated planning team you will act as the subject matter expert for your client portfolio ensuring commitments made to clients are specific and deliverable, ideally exceeded!
- Understand the client portfolio and contribute to campaign implementation and management
- Develop positive relationships with key clients and agency partners
- Coordinate with client and agency partners, ensuring deadlines are met and campaigns are set up for success
- Ensure buying best practices are being utilized and are compliant
- Lead and manage client relationships building positive partnerships
- Identify and utilise new buying strategies and methods as they become available
- Providing training and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Develop positive relationships with clients, be their go to person for media planning
- Work with wider teams (including performance marketing, biddable and programmatic) to ensure regular reporting that serves the client’s needs.
- Anticipate the client’s needs and set up internal process to meet / exceed them
- Coordinate & complete annual plans for all brands for the assigned categories.
- Work with media owners to problem solve and create business solutions
- Work with clients and agency partners to bring campaigns to life, including attending and contributing to regular work in progress meetings
- Use MediaCom research and Implementation planning tools
- Develop consistent excellent plan recommendations for brands in the assigned categories & related Operations staff to deliver outstanding plan execution & operational excellence
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2+ years’ media agency experience, across a range of industries
- Ideally Degree educated in a business, numerical or analytical degree e.g. economics, mathematics, statistics or engineering
- Exceptional verbal, written, communication skills with an analytical mind set
- Numerate and analytical
- An excellent work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Experience working across either Media, Marketing, Consultancy, Business Analytics
- Proven experience in data interpretation & analysis
- Bilingual preferred; Japanese and English; with fluency in one language and basic communication skills in the other.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognized as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organizing team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
MediaCom is a part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s largest media investment management group.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com/jp.To find out more about our parent company, WPP, visit here: https://www.wpp.com/
GroupM Japan is a part of the GroupM that leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.