MediaCom | Media Planner
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Media Planner to join us.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Group Client Director
3 best things about the job:
- A client portfolio that will always keep you challenged and developing
- A positive and vibrant office culture to immerse yourself in
- Learning and mentoring to help you drive your career forward
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- To understand the client portfolio and be contributing to campaign implementation and management
- Be developing relationships with key clients and agency partners
- Build a strong rapport with manager and team members
In six months:
- Display your negotiation skills through delivery and implementation of plans
- Be a driving force in campaign management by coordinating with client and agency partners, ensuring deadlines are met and campaigns are set up for success
- Prove you are a solid operator with account queries, compliance and invoicing being top notch i.e. minimal errors, meeting requirements
In 12 months:
- Ensure buying best practices are being utilised and are compliant
- Taking the lead on some client relationships and developing your skills to progress to the next step in your career
- Adopting and evolving with new buying strategies and methods as they become available
- Providing training and mentoring to junior members of the team
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Working to deliver best in class media plans
- Work with media owners to problem solve
- Work with clients and agency partners to bring campaigns to life, including regular work in progress meetings
- Use tools, research and Implementation planning tools
- Reconcile a completed campaign to ensure all value has been delivered
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in media planning and buying, you know what works, why and how
- Client service skills and the ability to work well with others including colleagues, clients, media suppliers and agency partners
- Knowledge of media channels and tools
- Highly level of energy and a desire to deliver great work
- A willingness to learn and desire to challenge yourself
What we’ll bring:
- A strong and positive team culture
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career including learning and development
- A dynamic work environment
- 2-3 years media experience
More about MediaCom
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom