GroupM | Manager, Digital Media Buyer
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Manager, Digital Media Buyer to join us.
In this role, a digital buyer will negotiate with publisher to acquire cost-efficient and budget-conscious advertising space, sponsorships, or product placements. A buyer must understand his or her clients' needs and wants and research what media are available in the markets afforded by a client's budget.
Media buyers need to form good relationships with Publisher obtain the best prices and values for advertisement placements, campaigns, or even media bundles. Buyers also set up campaign on Ad Sever and verification platform, monitor the campaign to go live as plan and make sure stat countered. Analytical thinking, communication, persuasion, and research abilities are instrumental to a media buyer's success.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role: This role reports to: Head of Buyer
3 best things about the job:
- A learning environment with mentorship from within Mindshare Thailand and across the region
- Opportunities to work across local and international client and agency teams
- Performance driven role with a focus on growing business
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Become proficient on the client’s business and product portfolio
- Developed a productive working relationship with the team at Media Lab.
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables on the business, and be on track to deliver these.
In six months:
- Built relationships internally, with media, agency partners, and the client team
- Understood the various owned and earned media opportunities within the client’s portfolio, and identified possible ways to integrate those into your responses
In 12 months:
- Contributed to the wider trading department, played a role within departmental meetings such as Channel Champs.
- Established positive leadership to the junior members of the trading team
- Developed and presented an implementation plan
Responsibilities of the role:
- Identifying the target audience for a particular media campaign and deciding how best to communicate to that audience.
- Liaising and building relationships with planners and publishers.
- Negotiating with publishers to obtain the best rates added value and most appropriate media spaces in online.
- Booking individual online banners, online content.
- Ensuring that the all banners or content run accurately.
- Planner reporting.
- Monitoring buying strategies by follow trading guideline.
- Proceed payment process for internal (internal accountant) and external (for vendor).
- Working on a range of client, accounts, trafficking at the same time, often juggling various projects and deadlines.
- Providing screen capture with the correct template.
- Create the correct ad spec and correct template.
- Setup campaign in each platform (Ad serving, Verification, Publisher self-sever platform), accuracy of campaign assets before launch and monitoring campaign after launch.
- Supervise 1 - 2 direct report.
- Be a part of how to create, adjust of process or template for increase team performance.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of the campaign and using this data to inform future campaigns
What you will need:
- Any degree discipline is acceptable, although journalism, psychology, business studies, public relations, media studies, marketing or management qualifications can be helpful.
- An interest in media and people's motivations.
- 2- 4 Years’ experience in online advertising industry necessary. (Supervisor 2 Years and Manager 4 Years)
- Deep understanding of online advertising.
- Good team and interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasking with high responsibility.
- Working well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skill and pleasure personality.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Good in Excel.
- Confidence negotiating.
- Good numerical and data management skills.
- Effective organizational abilities.
- Ability to quickly assimilate large amounts of information.
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
In a population of 66 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 137% with smart phone penetration at 61%. Digital spend has grown 18% year-on-year since 2016 and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media and marketing communication markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.