Media Lab | Digital Media Strategist
Overview of job:
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Digital Media Strategist to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for collating, analysing and reporting back full funnel performance metrics across the banking group.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Media Lab is looking for an experienced and passionate Digital Media Strategist to join the team working across their client, Westpac Banking Group. This role will work across paid media and onsite web analytics for brand and performance campaigns.
The ideal candidate needs to have an analytical mindset with strong attention to detail. Previous Adobe/Google analytics experience is required to review data to build performance strategies to drive incremental value to the client’s business.
The position will support the client with tracking, measuring and communicating performance strategies to a wider group and will require a test and learn approach to drive the business forward.
Additionally, the role offers plenty of client exposure, and is perfect for someone who wants to either maintain or improve their client facing skills. Our close working relationship with the Westpac team also offers exposure to business units across the entire organisation, not just media.
The Westpac business is a mature media client with an advanced technology roadmap, strategic planning frameworks and approaches to data. You will work across a range of technology stacks to assist you in bringing campaigns successfully to market.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Performance Strategy Director. You will have a team of executives and coordinators reporting to you.
3 best things about the job:
- Newly created team within the agency, lots of opportunity to shape the direction of the role and provides exposure across a variety of client briefs and channels.
- We’re completely dedicated to one client, meaning there are great opportunities to develop client relationships, as well as gaining exposure to their business beyond media
- It’s a great agency to work! We are very well resourced and we all have a very positive work-life balance
Measures of Success:
In three months:
- Become proficient on the client’s business and product portfolio
- Developed a productive working relationship with the team at Media Lab
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables on the business
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of Westpac and Media Lab’s compliance processes and their role in our work
- A strong understanding of key technology platforms, with the ability to teach your team
In six months:
- Built relationships internally, with media, agency partners, and the client team at Westpac
- Understood the various paid and onsite media opportunities within the Westpac’s portfolio
- Identified key opportunities within your portfolios and worked with relevant teams to build test and learn framework
- Demonstrate business goals and marketing objectives and have a data driven reporting process in place to share updates
- Driving effective process control through the team, including the regular contact and the meeting of all compliance
- Management of individual campaigns from implementation planning through to campaign performance analysis/reporting
In 12 months:
- Established positive leadership position across the agency
- Began to lead performance strategies across your portfolios, end to end with minimal input from Planning Director
- Working on special projects outside of the day-to-day.
- Leading and owning the client relationship, specifically with data driven reporting and insights. This includes a positive working relationship, regular face-to-face communication and a professional tonality to all communications
- Proactively adding value to the team based on digital campaign performance
What your day job looks like at Media Lab:
- Deep understanding of performance strategies with experience of identifying key performance indicators
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure alignment of performance goals across business functions
- Ability to analyse data through and identify opportunities for marginal gains across full customer journey
- Work with digital teams to build out data driven hypotheses to improve overall customer experience and drive incremental digital sales
- Ability to report and share performance results to key stakeholders. Experience in owning reporting conversation, using data at the heart of all insights and outcomes while demonstrating knowledge of business goals
- Monitor trends in always on performance and share with relevant team to be actioned accordingly
- Attend agile working streams and meeting at the client when required
- Train, develop and coach your team in technology and planning standards
What you'll Bring:
- Analytical mindset, comprehensive experience across Google and Adobe products
- Strong attention to detail
- 3+ years digital experience
- Keen to teach, train, nurture and can work in a dynamic environment
- A passion for the media industry and a strong understanding of the media landscape
- A willingness to work within performance planning principles and data driven planning tools
- A preference to collaboration and team-based working
- Good relationships within the marketplace
About Media Lab
Media Lab is the dedicated media community for the Westpac Banking Group. With collaboration at the heart of everything we do, we have developed a shared vision with the Westpac marketing team as well as aligning our values and behaviours all of which are built on a foundation of trust and transparency.
We are a team of 50 specialists working across all paid, owned and earned channels using science & creativity to drive compelling, end to end media connections across the full ecosystem of channels.
Our teams are built around discipline expertise and connected by a truly channel neutral planning and analytics team. Together they apply a scientific approach to planning which guides our thinking working in tandem with deep partnerships with key creative, media, technology, and data partners. This allows us to build bespoke teams to tackle challenges where we are all working as one regardless of background or employer. What gets us out of bed every day is to be known for challenging ourselves and others to push the boundaries of media that propels the Westpac Group ambition.
Our way of working and philosophy makes Media Lab what it is, both in terms of our culture as well as the work we do and the performance we drive.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.