Mediacom | Planning Group Head
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Planning Group Head to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for making the plan as per marketing brief and able to select Media platforms that best suit the brand. Responsibility of the job includes client servicing, day to day implementation planning and plan optimization along with team building.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- An enjoyable environment that combines the best of your skills whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world.
- Working within a network of likeminded media people across agency offering support and mentorship as you develop your career.
- Work diversity that involves liaising with internal and external stakeholders across a range of disciplines, solving business problems for clients.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- You will need to develop a complete understanding of how the retail category works.
- Deliver on the strategic requirements of all the brands
In six months:
- Be the first port of call for the client for any strategic guidance s/he will need
- Initiate and deliver projects that go beyond standard comms planning
- Make strategy base plans and manage media monies with full responsibility on the campaign
In 12 months:
- Make your boss redundant for any Future Group meetings where strategic decisions are being made
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Plan and present media campaigns across multiple communication channels.
- Consult with clients and other agency staff to establish and achieve specific media goals and objectives.
- Evaluate media proposals by research. Provide necessary support in managing and optimization of traditional and online media campaigns.
- Provide campaign reports with results, campaign conclusions and suggested optimizations.
- Evaluate the results of all campaigns to ensure they meet clients’ goals and to gain learning for future planning.
- Troubleshoot media discrepancies with clients.
- Maintain and stay current on industry news and research.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and publishers.
- Mange and lead a team with effective client servicing.
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of media planning tools and concepts
- Client servicing skills and process orientation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Quick turnaround time & sharp analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, communication skills with an analytical mind set
- Minimum 6 years experience in Planning & Strategy
- Proficient in MS-Office, specifically excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced agency environment
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
It’s no secret Vietnam is the fastest growing media market in Asia Pacific. Ad spend on digital in Vietnam is substantially increasing. The internet penetration is constantly growing year on year and reached 54% in 2017. Internet users is 51.5 Million. With a population of more than 95.4 million with Median Age of 30, Vietnam has enormous potential and possibilities for media players and talent.