Wavemaker | Performance Associate Director
Overview of job
We are looking for a Manager with Programmatic Buying experience for Wavemaker Huawei Team. You will play a key role in team and report to the Director. You will be highly involved in operation and optimization of programmatic buy, and work closely with other functions as well as agencies, clients, etc. We are looking for a dedicated individual with a positive attitude, a good working ethic and can be thrives on challenges.
- Take a key role in operating and optimizing various types of programmatic buy campaigns (RTB, PDB, PMP; Display, OTV, Mobile, etc.) for GroupM’s agencies across 12 offices national-wise.
- Cooperate with agencies and other team members to work on the end to end programmatic process.
- Analyse campaign data, develop insights and strategies for campaign optimization.
- Mentoring and training junior members.
Programmatic buying is the latest and one of the most promising media buying process in the digital world. Leveraging the advantage of data technology, programmatic buying enables advertisers to pinpoint their target audiences precisely. It is already a common view within the industry that programmatic buying would be the most important media buying approach in the near future, both in China and global-wise.
Reporting of the role This role reports to the Director,
3 best things about the job:
- You would have the opportunity to be one of the pioneer in an emerging industry, which may change the entire digital ecosystem in China market.
- You would be highly evolved into various programmatic campaigns that are unavailable in anywhere else.
- You could work with the biggest media agency in the world as well as the most experienced programmatic experts in the industry.
Measures of success – In three months:
- Understand basic knowledge of digital media and programmatic buying process. · Understand all media concepts, tools and methodologies that used in the performance team.
In six months:
- Be able to lead and manage one or few programmatic campaigns independently and deliver good outcomes eventually.
- Play a key role to coordinate and participate in specific projects.
In 12 months:
- Has an in-depth knowledge towards Chinese programmatic/ad-tech environment.
- Be able to initiate and propose projects that bring values to clients, agencies and internal stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the role: Hands-on operation and optimization on programmatic campaigns across display, OTV and mobile in all kinds buying methodologies, such as RTB, PDB, PMP and etc.
- Be involved in programmatic planning, data analytics, insight learning and post-buy reports of PBU’s campaigns.
- Purpose programmatic plans and business initiatives to agencies/clients from a strategy perspectives. Communicate with digital strategic planning to understand and meet their demands.
- Mentoring and training junior members in team.
What you will need:
- Bachelors or higher degree in business, marketing, advertising, communication or a related field.
- Has a good working ethics as well as professional integrity, and be passionate towards digital/programmatic industry.
- 2-3 years professional experience in programmatic media buy, digital media or online dvertising. Had worked with DSP vendors, programmatic trading desk, digital marketing agency, ad network, 3rd party data company or other related digital companies.
- Excellent knowledge and skills of Microsoft suites: Excel, Powerpoint and etc.
- Comfortable with numbers; Good understanding of maths (ideally statistics).
- Understanding of digital marketing disciplines from digital display, OTV, SEO, PPC, Ecommerce or Mobile.
- Understanding of ad tracking, web analytics, ad serving, DMP is a strong plus.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English is a plus.
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
China is now the second largest media market, and the world’s most vibrant digital market, growing at double the rate of the US. In 2013, China surpassed the US in e-commerce, and China leads the world in mobile with over 600m smartphone connections. The pace of change and the scale of China’s emerging consumer market are unparalleled in any other market. Global CEOs are looking to China to drive growth, and brands are rushing to keep pace.
If you want a future in media and communications, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than China, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.