GroupM | Commercial Manager
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Commercial Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for leading manage the commercial and financial activities of an agency of GroupM in Vietnam.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Commercial Head
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work in the leading global media investment company with a fast- growing team of professionals.
- Exciting exposure and learning in the media industry, which is fast evolving from the regular Print-Ads, Radio and TV to Digital (Google, Facebook, YouTube, Programmatic, etc).
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Developed your understanding of GroupM’s businesses in the local market.
- Understood P&L structures, reporting requirements, WPP accounting policies, commercial requirements and contractual requirements.
- Learnt the various systems and applications and how they are integrated into the business.
- Built relationships with the key stakeholders across the group.
In six months:
- Contributed to the management of contract commitments and negotiations.
- Able to advice Agency MD on key commercial and financial levers to achieve their PBT targets.
- Reviewed and improved efficiencies and profitability across the business pillars.
- Understood GroupM and the other agencies’ clientele with due regard to financial risks.
In 12 months:
- Lead the management of contract commitments and negotiations.
- Delivered the improvements that have resulted in cost savings and streamlined work flows.
- Closely worked with the local and relevant regional teams for timely and accurate reporting and compliance with WPP policies.
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
Supporting the agency on commercial matters
- Prepare and provide commercial information required for RFI, RFP and RFQ.
- Propose remuneration structures to maximize profitability.
- Draft, negotiate and finalize commercial contracts. Participate in discussions and negotiation of commercial and contractual terms and conditions with clients.
- Manage Global/Regional client terms, conditions and instructions.
- Deal with commercial disputes with clients.
- Monitor collections and take proactive actions for recovery of long outstanding amounts.
- Monitor achievement of client incentives and bonuses.
- Determine the pricing and commercial terms of new services and products
- Update periodically the charge out rates and overhead multipliers to be applied.
- Handling client’s financial audit.
Business partnering with Agency Managing Director on agency and client’s profitability
- Monitor agency and client’s profitability on a periodic basis and provide recommendations to improve performance.
- Keep track of billing and highlight shortfalls for remediating actions.
- Maintain new business pipelines and gaps.
Preparation and reporting of financial results
- Prepare and report yearly budget, quarterly reforecasts, month end financial reports and other reports to the Agency Managing Director, Exco and Regional Office.
Database and information management
- Management of database of client’s information including key terms and conditions.
- Ensure continuing contractual compliance.
- Highlight and manage the renewal of expiring contracts.
What you’ll bring:
- Self-driven, forward looking, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Ability to earn respect and trust from senior management
- Flexibility and comfortable working in a fast pace matrix reporting environment
- An effective and resourceful individual
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Workflow management, i.e. organisational skills and time management
- Degree qualification from a recognised programme in Business/Accounting/Finance/Law and at least 8 years of related commercial and financial experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and decision- making skills in the face of ambiguity.
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Pleasant personality with strong communication skills, and able to work in a team (inside and outside finance function) and bring the team together to deliver. Must be comfortable working in a large MNC environment and dealing with multiple stakeholders locally and internationally.
- A resilient negotiator with a proven track record of contract negotiations.
- Must be able to work with integrity, initiative and a strong sense to take accountability/ ownership and commitment to deliver.
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
It’s no secret Vietnam is the fastest growing media market in Asia Pacific. Ad spend on digital in Vietnam is substantially increasing. The internet penetration is constantly growing year on year and reached 54% in 2017. Internet users is 51.5 Million. With a population of more than 95.4 million with Median Age of 30, Vietnam has enormous potential and possibilities for media players and talent