Wavemaker l Digital Lead - West
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Digital Lead - West to join us. In this role, you will be responsible to provide digital leadership and drive digital evolution and innovation thus encouraging the highest quality digital communications product and client satisfaction. You will be responsible for crafting and delivering the digital vision, defining a road map to deliver digital excellence across agency. In addition, you will contribute to the wider digital department championing agency digital products and processes and auditing digital capabilities across all teams within the agency.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
- Office Head West and functional reporting to National Director -Digital
3 best things about the job:
- A fun and dynamic environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest media company in the world.
- Good exposure to a variety of client portfolios, which will be valuable for your career portfolio.
- The opportunity to be part of the driving force for the group’s continuous improvement and growth.
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- Provide thought leadership on effective and innovative use of digital communications
- Drive strategic innovation across all digital platforms
- Direct the development and presentation of strategic digital application, test & learn of new platforms, digital principles, guidelines and analyses
- Digital evangelist who can help enthuse the team on new & evolving platforms and the non-converts among clients
- Learnt about agency main trading partners, tech and data suppliers and our ways of working with each partner.
- Meet agency’s key clients and lead digital conversation and start building relationships them
- Become the client lead across the digital campaigns and be fluently directing the main portfolio specifically while overseeing the display activity across the client.
- Identify the incremental revenue across the Business team throughout the digital area and track against agency’s plan to realize these opportunities matching against agency’s business target
- Be a key contributor to bringing new, digital-only clients into the business
- Accelerate the digital uptake of existing clients including new services and digital share of revenue growth.
- Work with agency digital communities to devise and deliver Digital Strategy covering; investment guidelines and approaches, social frameworks, evaluation and engagement measurement and technology evaluation.
- Introduce best in class standards within the digital product area and continue to push agency overall digital and data agenda beyond the digital team to upskill the agency as a whole
- Overall responsibility for digital output for agencies’ pitches and new wins, during pitches with thought leadership in overall context, as well as strategy/ideas for brand briefs
- Identify digital development needs across respective agency team, thus ensure best-in-class digital activation to clients
- Develop a culture of innovation across the agency
- Build relationships with GroupM and key digital partners to understand how we can effectively deliver solutions for clients
- On-going thought leadership incl. but confined to white papers / speaking engagements / landscape & trend reports / awards judging.
What you’ll bring:
- You are expected to have experience in digital strategy, communications planning, digital consultancy and execution wherever possible in an agency environment.
- This is a leadership role requiring proactivity and a determination to create change.
- Be a strategic thinker with good problem- solving abilities.
- Interpersonal skills and diplomacy a must because you will need to be collaborative across multiple stakeholders
- Strong negotiating skills and excellent attention to detail.
- At least 12+ years of digital /equivalent experience in media or interactive advertising agency
- Proven track record in building business and strong ability to engage and lead clients at the most senior level and inspire and develop the people around them
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role
- Agile – is able to be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas and will challenge old ones.
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
About IndiaDigital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.