Essence | Senior Digital Media Manager
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
About the role
As a Senior Digital Media Manager, you are a fully dedicated digital leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every ‘digital media-lead’ facet of the product's journey, as well as contributing to the integrated media approach.
You will manage multi-million dollar advertising program inclusive of purchased advertising and on-network “House Ads” as a Digital Media Manager in Google's Global Marketing organization. You will aim to make Google the most innovative, groundbreaking digital advertiser in the marketplace. You will play a key role in oversight and coordination of all digital and integrated advertising done by Google, for Google, leveraging Google’s own advertising products and services including Google Ads and Google Marketing Platform. Additionally, you will play a key role in defining process, ensuring sound management of advertising conducted off of Google properties (purchased advertising) as well as agency management. This role will be pivotal in bridging Google PMMs, Media Lab, Essence & agencies that we work with.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Act as a primary client for management of all Google media planning
- Construct processes to ensure structured management of campaigns
- Further define and implement a measurement construct for programs and review all performance reporting outputs
- Prioritization of agency workflow as pertains to digital and integrated media (digital focus)
- Develop POVs and standards for use for advertising
A bit about yourself:
- BA or BS Degree (In lieu of degree, at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience)
- Fluency in other Asian language a plus
- Experience in managing digital advertising campaigns for larger, complex clients with proficiency in online measurement, operations, ad networks, DSPs, digital video, and Google platforms.
- Good understanding of the Australian Digital Landscape
- Ability to demonstrate measurable impact of campaign strategy and digital media optimization toward business goals using Google stack or other industry standard tools
- Thorough understanding of the AU marketing landscape (consumer trends, media channels and key media outlets, partnerships and ecosystems)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with a track record of solid judgment in ambiguous or fast-moving situations
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.