MediaCom | SEO Coordinator
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a SEO Coordinatorto join us. In this role, you willbe responsible forthe fulfilment of Search Engine Optimisation and some eCommerce Optimisation services for our clients, assisting the SEO & eCommerce Manager and Content Distribution Director in delivering MediaCom’sSEO & eCommerce products.
In this role you will have a range of duties including research and auditing of client & competitor campaigns, monthly reporting, assisting in the development of inbound marketing strategies & providing recommendations to clients.
Our continuous learning program and on the jobsupport will ensure your continued advancement within the company.
At GroupMAPAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to:SEO & eCommerce Manager
3 best things about the job:
1.A role in one of Sydney’s most successful agencies
2.Entrepreneurial role focused on both efficiency and growth
3.A truly supportive culture, with fantastic people focus on success.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Begun monitoring industry press relating to your area and feeding back into the group.
- Become familiar with the SEO and eCommerce client base, and the objectives and work involved in delivering value to them.
- Completed a content research audit, analysing opportunities for the client’s website.
- Completed a website health check, performed technical analysis and provided insights on the results.
- Used a variety of tools and techniques to complete analysis of competitor content and SEO credentials.
In six months:
- Planned and executed integrated content distribution strategies in line with SEO best practice.
- Become a clear and reliable point of contact for relevant clients and internal teams, managing day-to-day communications.
- Taken the lead on key deliverables across core client base.
In 12 months:
- Taken the lead role in smaller SEO projects.
- Worked closely with client service team / lead in order to proactively account manage clients and develop integrated media and content distribution strategies for clients.
- Worked alongside clients’ marketing teams to develop and contribute to overarching marketing and content strategies.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Support both the SEO & eCommerce Manager and SEO Director along with the wider MBA team across client and pitch work.
- Completion of required audits in relation to technical SEO, Content, Outreach and Analytics.
- Competitor audits and performance tracking through a range of tools and processes.
- Manage some external supplier relationships
- Monitor and report on client data analytics e.g. Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics, providing insight and research to team and client
- Manage smaller SEO projects or integrations across wider campaigns.
- Regular client reporting
- Present relevant documentation, where required, with full rationale for results both internally and to clients.
- Maintain regular dialogue on campaign performance and market opportunities to ensure continual management of providing the best results for the brand.
- Input into content distribution strategy across clients with a focus on organic search discovery.
- Monitor industry press relating to your area and feedback into the group.
- Help the team research and create white-papers & case studies.
- Write case studies for the department website http://mediacombeyondadvertising.com
What you’ll bring:
Comprehensive training is provided,however you will require:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- An excellent work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- A committed work ethic; be able to manage deadlines and pressure situations (but also know when to stop & enjoy the great social life at MediaCom).
- To follow instructions, be organised and work autonomously.
- Have a passion for learning.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- An entry level understanding of HTML and the ability to create web pages and basic websites.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel as well as a sound understanding of Internet Browsers & an HTML writing software such as Dreamweaver.
What we’ll bring:
- Opportunity to work with leading brands
- The opportunity to learn from some of the best SEO talent in Australia
- A people first focus, including personalised development plans and leading training opportunities
- A vibrant and fun agency culture.
One or more of these qualifications will be highly favourable, but not essential:
- Qualification in an area of Web Development
- Marketing or communications degree
- Customer service qualification or experience.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.