[m]Platform | Client Development, Manager
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of Client Development, mPLATFORM China
3 best things about the job:
- Work in a fun filled environment, surrounded by talented digital specialists, where we combine the best digital expertise and technology people
- Enhance your understanding of the data-driven marketing landscape, with exposure and learning opportunities across multiple agencies
- Great opportunities for career progression locally and internationally, within the mPLATFORM business or across the GroupM agencies
In this role, your goals will be: In three months:
- You will be able to articulate the vision of mPLATFORM solution, its suite of products and its capabilities confidently
- A deep understanding of mPLATFORM’s data and technologies along with a good understanding of key partner capabilities and the ecosystem.
- Build and present detailed business cases, specifications and maintain an active client development roadmap to achieve both short and long-term strategic objectives.
- Master day to day running of client development and management
In six months:
- Built strong working relationships with your mPLATFORM and agency peers, as well as our media and technology partners
- Deepened relationships with agencies & clients, demonstrating a good understanding of their business model, challenges, and media objectives, presenting new opportunities and provided continual recommendations to improve results
In 12 months:
- Become a trusted advisor to your agency and client partners, deliver successful outcomes
- Shared your strong data-driven marketing knowledge through working with your agency and client partners, and providing in-depth media & data strategies within your specialism
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Develop data and technology solution messaging
- Communicate the value of data and technology solutions to the agency teams and clients, and develop sales kit that facilitates the selling process
- Create mPLATFORM solution content such as case studies, product demo videos and PR articles
- Research competitor offerings and react when appropriate
- Collaborative skills:
As a client development manager, you will have to work with teams across the GroupM organization. This will often include agency client teams, technical team, data partnership team and senior executives. mPLATFORM data and technology solution promotions are inherently ‘cross functional’ and entail coordinating the work of many different people.
- Communication skills:
Both speaking and writing abilities have to be tapped in this role. You will frequently have to present about mPLATFORM solutions and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’. Exceptional communication skills to convey technical and advanced concepts in precise and clearly understandable terms to a variety of audiences.
- Research skills:
A crucial part of being the client development manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, industry reports and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- 1+ years of AdTech solution marketing experience or 3+ years data driven marketing experience or equivalent
- Strong understanding of data driven marketing landscape
- Independent, organized and motivated individual with a can-do attitude
- 4 years bachelor’s degree in marketing or technical-related field or equivalent from an accredited university
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operation in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivalled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.