Mediacom I Media Planner
MediaCom, the largest media agency of GroupM is looking for talented and passionate individuals to join the Group as Media Planner. As Media Planner, you will assist the Media Manager with tactical planning for several brands.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to Buying head/ Unit Head.
3 best things about the job:
- Being part of an inspired, passionate, dynamic & talented group.
- Work with top Philippine Corporations & talents allowing for excellent training and exposure to the media industry.
- Flexible & fun working environment.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Be able to function independently and establish a strong working relationship with the team and is able to fully understand and deliver on time all day requirements for accounts being serviced.
In six months:
- Be able to work with the team to deliver within schedule all daily, weekly, quarterly, semestral and annual requirements like detailed media plans, actual deliveries reports, post updates, package evaluation, packages/detailed costs, among others.
In 12 months:
- Be able to act as the next lead buying contact (after buying head) across the brands handled.
- Be able to build a more collaborative relationship with internal stakeholders (cross-functional teams like MCI, GroupM OOH) and with external clients across brands handled.
- Be able to understand and actively use the key tools and processes critical to the everyday running of the account.
What your day job looks like at Mediacom:
- Responsible for the day to day requirements of media buying.
- Directly service clients and coordinates with suppliers and support groups (e.g. creative partners, activations and digital teams) to come up with detailed media plans for brand requirements.
- Conducts pre and post buy planning, and ensure media metrics are achieved.
- Helps manager in the achievement of KPIs (to be shared upon hiring).
What you'll bring:
- 1-2 years of media agency experience
- Experience in executing media strategies through the preparation of detailed media plans, pre and post buy planning and reporting
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Project management skills and strong negotiation skills; ability to manage multiple projects across critical yet often fluctuating deadlines.
- Self-starter attitude, able to take on projects and own them to completion
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree
- 1-year working experience in a similar role, a Fresh graduate can be considered
- Highly skilled in Excel, Powerpoint, AGB Nielsen tools
- Strong numeracy skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent and confident
- Strong negotiation skills
- Cohesive in understanding client business
- Willing to work with an exciting new account and must be open with developing media solutions for the company and clients
Welcome innovators, initiative takers, and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders, and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Philippine market overview In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest-growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108M and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.