Essence | Senior Digital Media Manager (Display/Youtube)
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, Nando's and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,600 people strong, manages over $3.6B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
This specific role will be specialized in terms of Display and Video and will oversee activation members across teams, with close collaboration across different channel owners, planners and client service leads as part of the media activation team.
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Manage team members to deliver consistently across multiple campaigns.
- Ultimately responsible for Display & Video strategy and weaving into overall strategy for a campaign
- Full responsibility of the campaign performance from start to finish
- Ultimate accountability for adherence to controls and best practices across multiple channels
- Build annual learning agenda and test plan for assigned portfolios
- Contribute to performance forecast and reforecast
- Develop multiple case studies throughout the course of the year
- Final driver of spend recommendation for all campaigns (biddable)
- Accountable for quarterly business review of products assigned
- Coach and train junior members towards growth in channels
- Issues identification, troubleshooting and communication management with internal and external clients
- Manage all aspects of 2-3 direct reports and a team of 4-6 (staff reviews, career planning, coaching)
A bit about yourself:
- Approximately 3-5 years experience in a digital media agency, minimum 3 year of media buying experience, minimum 2 years of people management experience
- Specialization in Display (preferably GDN, YouTube, UAC, biddable and reservation-based buying)
- Experience with setting up and running larger-scale Display campaigns or guiding a team to do so across multiple markets
- Experience with Doubleclick Campaign Manager and Google Ads
- Experience across other platforms welcome
- Adwords Certification (Facebook Blueprint or Doubleclick certification a plus)
- Proficiency in sheets (Pivot Tables, VLookups, etc)
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends
- Strong understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great analysis skills (including quantitative analysis) and proven critical thinking capability
- Proven experience managing people/teams, including responsibility for career development
- Experience with Display & Video best practice development and desirable experience working in a global context to drive localization and adoption
- Self-starter who can proactively influence clients to help evolve best practices and drive innovation
- Experience in internal and external stakeholder relationship management
- Manager or Senior Manager with experience in Display or YouTube campaign management
- Either performance or brand
- Has overseen a team in the last few years
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.