Essence | Digital Media Manager
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
The Essence House Ad Operations team @ Google is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Google Ads Search, Display,Video and Mobile, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The individual in this role must leverage their mastery of each channel to make sure recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximized. They must also be comfortable with a flexible work schedule, as making connections with counterparts in other regions via hangouts is a must to ensure success.
Some of the thing's we'd like you to do:
- Work as part of a global House Ads Operations team focusing on the APAC region, along with contributing to larger global projects and workstreams.
- Work with Google Marketing Media Lab’s Performance Best Practices Documents and Checklists across all key Google Key advertising platforms, and provide guidance to B2C and B2B product marketing teams for accounts managed directly by the Product Marketing Managers (PMMs)
- Audit Google Marketing ‘House Ads Accounts’ accounts (SEM, GDN, App Campaigns (UAC), YouTube, etc.) focusing on the APAC market, and managed directly by the Product Marketing Managers (PMMs), against Google Marketing Media Lab’s Performance Best Practices Documents and Checklists and internal House Ads guidelines
- Perform data driven analysis of the audited accounts to identify opportunities to improve campaign efficiency and effectiveness.Provide written recommendations to the Product Marketing Managers highlighting the optimization opportunities identified in the account as a result of the analysis and audit.
- Monitor and analyze the output of the Media Lab monitoring system (i.e. DeathStar) and work closely with Media Lab and AdOps team to provide recommendations to the Product Marketing Teams on how to resolve the issues flagged by the system.
- Work with cross functional teams to project manage high priority alpha and beta testing for new features within Google Ads
- Identify & implement house ad testing opportunities from Google’s Dogfooding committee and implement paid media tests in line with Media Lab’s Performance Learning Agenda workstream.
- Work with the Media Lab Tech team to identify and develop new processes & workflows to support new Google Ads features & inventory, particularly to ensure compliance with internal guidelines and best practices.
- Work with the Media Lab Tech team to identify procedural, or structural improvements to the rules under which the internal ‘House Ads’ accounts are managed to reduce the number and/or severity of the alerts triggered in the system.
- Create and present quarterly program review with Media Lab global leads for open feedback loop.
A bit about yourself:
- You are Google Ads certified, and have 3-4 years of Search and Biddable Media experience, preferably agency-side managing large-scale, complex, CPA driven accounts
- You have experience managing direct-response campaigns using Google Ads
- You have some experience with other channels such as GDN, Display, YouTube or App campaigns (eg. UAC).
- You possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations. A natural affinity with numbers is a must!
- You are a self starter who is able to drive progress in an ambiguous environment
- You have strong organizational and project management skills, and are comfortable creating and delivering presentations to stakeholders at a variety of levels
- You are comfortable working on-site directly with your client and have a professional communication style which allows you to interface directly with more senior client managers and executives.
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.