Movent | Intermediate PHP Developer
We are looking for PHP & Symfony 4 developers who will be assigned to work on a global product for GroupM. We push for innovation, joining our group will give you the opportunity to work with exciting new technologies like artificial intelligence, deep learning and big data using modern web application techniques and methods.
3 best things about the job
- Opportunity to work with the country's best digital creatives and developers.
- Be on the cutting edge of digital technologies by being a part of a team of innovators.
- Be part of GroupM – the biggest agency group in the Philippines
Measures of Success
In three months, you must able to show high proficiency in API Development using Symfony 4. Able to handle small-medium scale tasks with minimal supervision.
In six months, you must able to show high proficiency in API Development using Symfony 4. Able to handle medium-large scale tasks with minimal supervision.
- In 12 months, you must able to show high proficiency in API Development using Symfony 4. Able to handle medium-large scale tasks with minimal supervision to no supervision.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Automated Test Script
- Unit Testing
- Develop and maintain API-based backend application using PHP 7
What you will need:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Science & Technology, Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience as PHP Developer
- Fresh graduates will be considered.
- Proficient in Symfony 4 programming
- Knowledgeable in REST API development
- Knowledgeable in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in Java 8 and/or Python 3.6 is a plus
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Proactive and able to work under pressure
- Passionate about new technologies
Acquired by WPP in 2013 and previously known as Netbooster Asia, Movent has evolved from the leading digital agency in the Philippines to a specialized Tech & Data company with global influence. Today, we proudly conceptualize, design and develop solutions that shape digital advertising of the future. Led by entrepreneurs, made of technologists and driven by innovation, our team has stood together for more than 10 years, developing a unique expertise in the digital content and media business. Based in the heart of BGC in a modern open office, we are part of GroupM, managing nearly one in every two ads in the Philippines.
To learn more about Movent, visit us at www.movent.com
About the Project
We’re building a world leading content marketing platform. We aim at answering what content a brand should do and with whom. Value extraction from the processing and analysis of web and social content data is done through our own AI infrastructure. We have developed an API driven platform using a wide range of cutting-edge technologies and industry standards like Google’s Tensorflow, Facebook’s PyTorch and Apache Spark for machine learning, Elasticsearch for distributed search and analytics, Apache Kafka for building scalable streaming data pipeline all of which are built on top of PHP-based API-Platform and ReactJS that leverages automated deployment and scaling via Kubernetes.
We are about 50 Business Analysts, UX Specialists, Data Specialists, Junior and Expert Developers, QA Managers and Support Leads. We value curiosity, initiative, collaboration and education. We train new members and promote self-learning to constantly acquire new technologies. We have strong family values, we promote a healthy work-life balance and adopted flexible ways of working based on performance and responsibility.
Philippines Market Overview
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.