GroupM | Media Executive
What is the role?
The Media Executive is responsible for assisting the Digital Manager with planning digital campaigns, producing strategic campaign recommendations and responses to brief.
We’re looking for a someone who is passionate about the digital media and advertising industry, highly organised, knows how to prioritise a variable workload and has an interest in planning campaigns at a holistic level rather than activating a campaign on a DSP. There will also be opportunities to present to clients and internal teams so someone who has experience with this or is comfortable with presenting to groups is key. They must be personable and good at building relationships as they will be required to work with a broad-range of stakeholders.
Who is the client?
Electronic Arts Inc. aka EA is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for internet-connected consoles, mobile devices, and personal computers. EA employ 9,300 people in 31 global locations across the world with approx. $4,875bn expected net revenue for fiscal 2019. EA has more than 30 million registered players around the world. EA is recognised for a portfolio for critically acclaimed, high-quality brands including: The Sims, Madden NFl, EA Sports, FIFA, Battlefield, Need for Speed and Dragon Age. Over 27 million fans have played battlefield alone this year, FIFA19 was the biggest selling console game in 2018 in Europe and The Sims4 has generated $1bn in lifetime revenue.
EA believes the next 5 years will be more disruptive, more dynamic, and we’ll see more players come into gaming than the last 40 years combined. They strongly believe that data informs their communications strategy, it doesn’t drive, it doesn’t dictate, it doesn’t prescribe, it informs.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Assisting with the creation of strategic digital campaign responses (primarily across programmatic and paid social channels)
- Collating and producing weekly reporting data and commentary
- Briefing media vendors and internal digital specialists on new campaign briefs and ad hoc projects/tasks
- Creating digital media plans (for smaller campaigns)
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key digital partners (e.g. LinkedIn, Xaxis, Unruly, Facebook) and who will seek bespoke innovative opportunities
- Analysing campaign results and creating actionable insights and learnings to feed into the digital specialists and future campaigns
- Producing post-campaign analysis (PCAs) reports, across all markets
- Ensuring that each channel is reconciling spend each month and before the agency deadline
- Working with the Technology team to ensure all data sources are pulling into real-time reporting dashboards
- Working with account teams and digital specialists on ad hoc tasks
- Booking campaigns & adhoc requests
- Developing digital knowledge via training courses and meetings with key vendors
Who are you?
- A Media Executive with +1 years’ experience who aspires to be a digital generalist rather than a channel specialist. You may already work in a programmatic or biddable team and want to leave behind activation and focus more on the bigger picture, learning about multiple digital channels
- Have an interest in working on cross-market, international accounts. Previous international experience is a plus, but not essential
- Interest and knowledge of video advertising online is a plus, e.g. YouTube and programmatic video
- Experience working with brand advertisers and campaigns
- You have a high attention to detail and are able to collaborate well with others
- Knowledge of how to pull reports in Google Campaign Manager, Facebook Business Manager, Integral Ad Science, Google Analytics and dashboards (e.g. Datorama)
- Proficient at Excel (e.g. pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Passion for digital – having an appetite for learning about the latest channel, format or targeting method
- Strong communicator
- Knowledge of financial booking systems
How will success in this role be measured?
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of teams (on a personal level and high-quality delivery level)
- Success in managing and prioritising workload that has been delegated, in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and be trusted to complete projects and tasks to a high standard, sometimes with little input from the Digital Planning Manager (once up to speed)
- Positive feedback from digital vendors, clients and account teams
- Demonstrated professional development (e.g. passing Google exams)
Where is the role based?
The EA team are part of one of our unique GroupM embedded model teams, where we place colleagues to work directly with the client. The results of having client and agency working so closely together mean that the best work can happen, and our employees have a unique experience of being an agency person ‘client side’.
EA's office is in the centre of Sydney, on York Street and only minutes away from the town's shops, restaurants and bars. The office environment is welcoming, diverse environment with highly talented professionals in a cutting-edge industry. Although you will be based at EA in Sydney we will expect that you regularly return to the GroupM office for meetings and training & development.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.