GroupM | Account/Media Manager
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking Account/Media Managers to join us at MediaCom, Mindshare or Wavemaker. In this role, you will drive strategy and innovation in communication planning, own campaign development and lead key clients’ relationship.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Group Account Director
3 best things about the job:
- Working with a high performing integrated media team to drive best in class channel planning and ROI.
- Hone leadership skills through building and leading operation excellence for the team.
- A culture built on collective energy, passion, collaboration and support.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Build good rapport with clients. Proactively participate in meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Acquire a good understanding of planning framework and how it can be applied to build an effective campaign strategy and channel plan.
- Own projection management, ensure smooth workflow and clients and team members are up to speed on all tasks.
- Rigor in setting and tracking campaign KPIs. Ensure effective and accurate optimisation and delivery of performance utilising all relevant internal teams, agency processes and tech.
In six months:
- Establish credibility by applying understanding of clients’ category/competitive landscape and marketing priorities in day to day work. Actively lead meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Holistic thinking is carried across channel planning, including how paid owned earned interplay in the communication ecosystem.
- Direct and mentor the team to drive operation excellence throughout project implementation.
In 12 months:
- Build trusted advisory relationship with clients. Able to support the broader strategic output for clients’ marcom needs.
- Fully competent in developing and articulating a compelling strategy/approach to successfully sell in new initiatives to drive incremental revenue.
- Lead and direct all team members to support in the development of channel plans and creative solutions that are planned holistically with the broader media mix.
What your day job looks like:
- Develop compelling campaign solutions including consumer and category insights, strategy, channel recommendation.
- Drive strategic and tactical innovation across traditional and digital platforms.
- Hands-on project management – collaborate with media owners, agency partners and internal specialist teams to ensure all deliverables are met/launched on time.
- Evolve use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of media plans and ensure the team deliver on agreed KPIs.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong working experience of how traditional and digital channels interplay in the media ecosystem
- Innovative and effective campaign solutions
- Leadership skills in building and leading operation excellence for the team
- For Manager role, you must have at least 5-6 years of working experience in a media or digital agency where your key function includes the development of campaign/channel strategy. For Associate Manager role, at least 3-4 years’ of experience in the same capacity.
- A creative thinker who constantly seeks new ideas/inspirations to bring fresh perspectives to client work.
- A confident communicator and eloquent in presenting/selling-in ideas to clients and agency partners.
- Working knowledge of digital buying and trading tech including ad-servers, verification tools and DSP/DMPs etc.
More about GroupM
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.