Finecast | Account Manager
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Account Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible fordual function, designed to support the success and growth of client accounts as well as achieve the operational success of client campaigns.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Head of Marketing and Business Development
What your day job looks like at Finecast:
- Work with a diverse range of clients, building relationships with key personnel to understand their needs
- Foster good working relationships with agency teams and manage their expectations ensuring Finecast SLAs are being adopted and adhered to
- Attend Agency WIPs and QBRs with Engagement/Strategy team
- Operate as a knowledge leader in the Addressable TV space and can explain complex business model, tools, and concepts simply
- Help build and then maintain strong collateral pieces relevant to the group, agencies, and clients by liaising with product team members to understand proposition, product features and KPIs.
- Develop points of view to give guidance on core topics like audience, inventory, data sources, frequency management and measurement
- Work with your agency teams and relevant internal teams to provide insights and opportunities to up-sell, cross-sell and secure re-bookings
- Retain and grow business based on excellent campaign delivery and results
- Develop and manage business plan and key initiatives to grow average campaign sizes for clients
- Educate and inspire clients regarding Addressable TV propositions and products
- Understand client’s marketing objectives to create relevant proposals for clients
- Keep agencies updated on changes with both products and the addressable tv market
- Understand and co-ordinate agency feedback regularly
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that Finecast products are adopted across all relevant clients
- Interrogate the brief, build out targeting, pricing and media plans, rationales and respond to agencies, ensuring key client SLAs are being achieved in a timely manner
- Proactively manage campaign launch activities, responsible for client campaigns going live and which requires top-class attention to detail, confidence, and organisation to ensure that all internal and external teams provide what is needed to get the campaign live
- The Client Services team, along with the Operations team have ultimate responsibility for campaign delivery and pacing. The Client Success Manager will be responsible for monitoring campaign performance and ensuring that action is taken in the event of underperformance/pacing
- The Client Success Manager gathers all mid and final performance statistics and delivers this back to the client. This reporting needs to be insightful, and proactively look at ways to deliver roll-out success. The Account Manager is also charged with billing and reconciliation
- Continually review the measures of success for each campaign you propose, analyse the data you have available to you and provide consistent communications into the agency that glean learnings and support your campaign recommendation
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding of the AV space, including experience of strategic decision-making regarding campaign planning with senior agency planners and independent clients
- Ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set
- Agency or account management experience
- Articulate & strong communicator and capable of building relationships with clients
- Personable person with capacity to communicate clearly and be assertive with internal and external parties
- Project Management, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Attention to detail with regards media booking, finance and campaign delivery
- Resilient and energetic
- Strong sense of initiative and personal ownership
- Dedicated to attaining team and personal goals
- Focussed but able to maintain perspective
- With a positive ‘can do’ attitude, enforce and inspire high-standards of behaviour and professionalism across the team; e.g. written and verbal communication and time-keeping
- Sound knowledge and experience of the Australian advertising market. Advertising experience required, TV and Video experience strongly preferred
- 2 – 4 years account management experience
- Proven track record in establishing high levels of client satisfaction
- Ability to develop and maintain long standing and valuable relationships with agencies / clients
- Strong understanding of AV media market, dynamics and competition
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, on the 27th Sep announced the launch of Finecast, a company delivering digital-like precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. GroupM is launching Finecast to solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers address hard-to-reach TV viewers through a single access point with standardised measurement. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser’s audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising. Finecast is already seeing demand for campaigns from both large brand advertisers and response oriented marketers looking to leverage TV to drive sales more tactically.
Every TV market is different across a variety of factors: pay-TV penetration vs free-to-air; broadband speeds; adoption of IPTV, regulation, and compliance; local vs licensed content, and a myriad of different measurement concerns. We work across broadcast, distribution, and demand, so our technology platforms must efficiently interoperate. We align with our partners on the best in class solutions for ad serving, ad decisioning, creative versioning, analytics, and data management.
As Finecast expands, those solutions may vary by market and by platform (e.g. we would typically work with different platforms for STB linear DAI to IP enabled OTT). Currently, Finecast are working closely with Videology, Invidi and Cadent as preferred technology providers.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.