Mindshare I Data Scientist
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Mindshare Lead
3 best things about the job:
- Our ideal team member will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect.
- You will join a team of data specialists, but will “slice and dice” data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future.
- Insightful data to power our systems and solutions
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
In six months:
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Analyse data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
In 12 months:
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the digital specialist team to strategize and execute the development of data products
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
What your day job looks like at Mindshare:
- Collaborate with connection planning and digital specialists to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical and machine learning models for data analysis
What you’ll bring:
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders, using relevant data visualisations
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in data science
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition, recommendation engines and predictive modelling experience
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Java/Python/R, SAS)
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare and facebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare.
Indonesia is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets in the world, with a population of more than 260 million. It’s stable political climate and increasing consumer disposable income has meant that Indonesia is now firmly on the radar for MNCs seeking to invest in emerging markets.
Whilst the Indonesian media landscape is still dominated by terrestrial TV, with 65% of all advertising spend, digital is now poised to go through a period of exponential growth. There are more than 70 million internet users in Indonesia and 70% of them are accessing the web via mobile. As a marketer, the opportunity to transform a media landscape on such a scale is unprecedented in the APAC region.