GroupM | Account Senior/Executive (Media Planning/Buying)
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for Media Planners/Buyers to join us at MediaCom, Mindshare or Wavemaker.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Planning Director
3 best things about the job:
- Digital media campaign experience
- Comprehensive training system: You will receive direct coaching from agency’s senior members and training across all communication disciplines.
- Part of an overall marketing team: You will be fully involved in the marketing communication process through working closely with client’s media and marketing communications team.
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 months:
- Develop a good understanding of advertising as part of a campaign.
- Form an understanding of the client’s marketing strategy.
- Understand how internal processes are run in line with our media partners within GroupM.
In 6 months:
- Understand our value proposition to the importance of the media planning approach.
- Learn the basics of communications planning.
- Independently respond to all day-to-day queries from client.
In 12 months:
- Become a trustworthy team player.
- Possess basic strategic thinking on overall digital campaign planning with your line manager’s support.
- Manage a small-scale digital campaign independently with improved communication skill.
What your day job looks like:
- Independently complete daily tracking report without error.
- Be able to run data to support basic routine reports and ensure 100% accuracy and punctuality.
- Support line manager on spot plan and invoice follow up and ensure the delivery on time
- Fully understand client’s needs, support line manager on material delivery and assure 100% accuracy of the work.
- Direct communication with internal support team and vendors to ensure their deliveries can meet client’s needs.
What you’ll bring:
- Ensure post buy 100% accuracy and delivery to client on time.
- Fully understand the data story, and can complete the basic reports (monthly competitor analysis, target audience analysis, media consumption behavior and etc. )
- Be able to assist media plan to client effectively and accurately
- Independently input findings and conclusions in the basic reports (monthly competitor analysis, target audience analysis, media consumption behavior and etc. ).
- Solid related experience working in digital media function within an agency and/or DSP media company.
- Performance-based clients experience is a plus.
- Desire to learn and can work under pressure. Accuracy and detail to everything you handle.
- Good analytical skills and sensitive to data.
- Be reliable & proactive.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working across large media budgets.
More about GroupM
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.