Wavemaker | Planning Group Head/ Associate Director
Overview of job
We are currently looking for Associate Director/ Planning Group Head to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for making the integrated plan as per marketing brief and able to select media platforms, traditional & digital channels that best suit the brand. You will utilize your in-depth knowledge of consumer behavior, trends, and the media landscape to create insightful strategies for our clients. Your responsibility for the job includes but not limited to client servicing, day to day implementation planning, and plan optimization along with team building.
Reporting of the role: Business Director
3 best things about the job:
1. An enjoyable environment that combines the best of your skills whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world.
2. Working within a network of likeminded media people across agency offering support and mentorship as you develop your career.
3. Work diversity involves liaising with internal and external stakeholders across a range of disciplines, solving business problems for clients.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- You will need to develop a complete understanding of how the retail category works.
- Deliver on the strategic requirements of all the brands
In six months:
- Be the first port of call for the client for any strategic guidance s/he will need
- Initiate and deliver projects that go beyond standard comms planning
- Make strategy base plans and manage media monies with full responsibility on the campaign
In twelve months:
- Make your boss redundant for any Future Group meetings where strategic decisions are being made
- What your day job looks like at Wavemaker
- Plan and present media campaigns across multiple communication channels.
- Consult with clients and other agency staff to establish and achieve specific media goals and objectives.
- Evaluate media proposals by research. Provide necessary support in managing and optimization of traditional and online media campaigns.
- Provide campaign reports with results, campaign conclusions, and suggested optimizations.
- Evaluate the results of all campaigns to ensure they meet clients’ goals and to gain learning for future planning.
- Troubleshoot media discrepancies with clients.
- Maintain and stay current on industry news and research.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and publishers.
- Manage and lead a team with effective client servicing.
- Bachelor's degree in the relevant industry: marketing, communications, media (traditional & digital).
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Planning & Strategy (traditional & digital). Experience in an agency environment is a plus
- Exceptional verbal, written, communication skills with an analytical mind-set (including English skills)
- Proficient in MS-Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced agency environment
- Excellent knowledge of media planning tools and concepts, strong digital background is preferred
- Client servicing skills and process orientation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Quick turnaround time & sharp analytical skills
Wavemaker is one of the largest media, content, and technology agencies in the world.
We work with clients globally to help them grow and shape their consumers’ brand decisions and experiences through media, content, and technology. We’re fueled by the world’s most powerful data about consumer decision-making, so we understand where and how you can win new customers.
We have one single attitude – Positive Provocation. Why? Because we care enough to want to do better. We listen carefully, arm ourselves with information, and ask questions to grow our clients. Ultimately, we use our attitude to make things better.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best to work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- The deep Knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- The confidence to Challenge what’s gone before
- The Support to go further than we thought possible
About GroupM Vietnam
As a part of WPP, GroupM is the world's leading media investment company with a 30% market share and $113.8 billion in annual revenue. One per every three advertisements you see daily are monitored by us globally. We lead and shape media markets by delivering performance-enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients let us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent space, support, and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM Vietnam entered Vietnam since 2002 and serves as the parent company of media agencies including Mindshare, Mediacom, Wavemaker, and Xaxis. Our office is well-located in Bitexco Financial Tower, HCMC, and nurtured by 350+ media lovers cross agencies.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com