Senior Manager- Ad Operations
Overview of job:
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, Nando's and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,600 people strong, manages over $3.6B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the VP Digital, India
3 best things about the job:
- Working with a highly energetic and technical team, to help grow the success of the business
- Exposure to over 10 of the best clients in the industry across the Essence portfolio
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the technical space, in topics such a Brand Safety, Ad Fraud and Viewability (BAV), Dynamic Creative Optimisation (DCO) and Tag Management Systems (TMS)
Measures of success –
In three months:
- You will be trained across DCM (DoubleClick Campaign Manager) and Sizmek platforms.
- Manage the output and processes within the team to ensure work is being conducted as efficiently as possible.
In six months:
- Management of client allocation and successfully onboarding several digital campaigns.
- Full ownership of an industry related project, developing your technical expertise.
In twelve months:
- Become a technical digital specialist within the agency, to recommend and lead progression into the digital space.
- Identify and develop new products within the Digital Operations team.
What your day job looks like at Essence::
- Product: Supporting the wider team with the day to day campaign management across clients
- People: The ability to build and maintain relationships which are collaborative across several internal and external stakeholders.
- Process: Ensure best in class process and 100% accuracy for all digital campaigns
- Technology: Building a point of view on new ad-operations technology and bring this knowledge to clients, media teams and agency partners
What you will bring:
- This position is best suited to someone with a minimum of 7-8 years’ experience in a digital or Ad Operations role
- Have a good understanding of ad-serving platforms such as Sizmek and DoubleClick
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Be highly numerate and organised, with an ability to demonstrate implementation and adherence to processes, as well as great attention to detail
- Problem solving mentality
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Highly motivated and passionate individual who is keen to excel their career in digital advertising
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our st