Movent | Webcrawler Developer
Reporting of the role
3 best things about the job
- Working in a start-up mentality with the backing of the world’s largest media investment company!
- Interact with people from countries all around the world, challenging you to support them and ensuring the best product performance
- Flexibility and Empowerment – to best support the team you will need an agile approach to deal with frequent business requirement changes.
Measures of Success
In three months
- You must able to show good proficiency in data scrapping, ETL and other data manipulation techniques using Java.
- Being able to handle medium scale tasks with minimal supervision
In six months
- You must able to show high proficiency in in data scrapping, ETL and other data manipulation techniques using Java.
- Being able to handle larger scale tasks with minimal supervision
- All you code should have proper automated testing in place
In 12 months
- Be able to pro-actively propose improvement in the way we do data scrapping, ETL and other data manipulation techniques using Java
- Be a key element of the frontend team, mentoring the juniors and ensuring the high level of quality of your deliverables
Responsibilities of the role:
As a social crawler developer, you are responsible for developing scripts using social API and tools to gather and transform data for mContent Platform.
- Develop and maintain social network/web crawlers using Java
- Extract Transform Load (ETL)Troubleshooting, Unit Testing, Automated Test Script
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
What you will need:
- Graduate of any 4 - 5 year Bachelor's degree
- At least 3-years experience using Core Java (J2SE) with Maven/ or python programming skills
- Technical knowledge/hard skills:
- Experienced db users of various kinds, (SQL and No-SQL)
- Has knowledge in data scrapping, ETL and other data manipulation techniques
- Preferred to have used either of the following tools: Inforatica or Talend
- Intermediate knowledge in linux server administration (managing, server-side script)
- Passionate about new technologies
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Highly driven, proactive, and resourceful
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- A hands-on operator prepared to get involved in operational areas
- Welcomes challenges.
Acquired by WPP in 2013 and previously known as Netbooster Asia, Movent has evolved from the leading digital agency in the Philippines to a specialized Tech & Data company with global influence. Today, we proudly conceptualize, design and develop solutions that shape digital advertising of the future. Led by entrepreneurs, made of technologists and driven by innovation, our team has stood together for more than 10 years, developing a unique expertise in the digital content and media business. Based in the heart of BGC in a modern open office, we are part of GroupM, managing nearly one in every two ads in the Philippines.
About the project: We’re building a world leading content marketing platform. We aim at answering what content a brand should do and with whom. Value extraction from the processing and analysis of web and social content data is done through our own AI infrastructure. We have developed an API driven platform using a wide range of cutting-edge technologies and industry standards like Google’s Tensorflow, Facebook’s PyTorch and Apache Spark for machine learning, Elasticsearch for distributed search and analytics, Apache Kafka for building scalable streaming data pipeline all of which are built on top of PHP-based API-Platform and ReactJS that leverages automated deployment and scaling via Kubernetes.
About our team: We are about 50 business analysts, UX specialists, Data specialists, Junior and Expert developers, QA managers and support leads. We value curiosity, initiative, collaboration and education. We train new members and promote self-learning to constantly acquire new technologies. We have strong family values, we promote a healthy work-life balance and adopted flexible ways of working based on performance and responsibility.
Philippines market overview
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.