Media Lab | Media Executive
Media Lab is looking for an experienced, passionate Executive to join the team working across their key client, Westpac Banking Group. You would be responsible for the daily output of the trading team across this account. You would be exposed to a wide variety of media channels and need to have strong experience in TV and Digital media.
Reporting of the role: This role reports to the Trading Director
3 best things about the job:
- Being able to set and drive the direction of the work produced for the client, this means working with different GroupM departments across multiple disciplines to deliver the best connected solutions.
- Working very closely with the client, you will get to learn a lot about their business which also ensures that you are producing work that has a real impact on their business.
- It’s a great place to work, the team and client are setup so that you enjoy what you do.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Be proficient on the client’s business and the fast moving nature of the industry
- Developed a productive working relationship with the team at Media Lab.
- You will have a good understanding of the internal workings of Media Lab and the different disciplines we provide.
In six months, you would have:
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables on the business, and be on track to deliver these.
- Become a trusted and valuable member of the wider Media Lab team.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Contributed to the wider trading department, played a role within departmental meetings such as Channel Champs.
- Strong leadership of the team under you.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Accountable for the buying performance and delivery of all campaigns including pre-tracking and the timely and accurate delivery of post analysis reporting. i.e. Television Buying; R&F goals, TARP delivery, budget management, programme access and quality parameters.
- With the Trading Manager compiles and regularly presents buys, reports and post analysis to client.
- Works with the Trading Manager in developing buying strategies, utilising all available research and tools at their fingertips.
- Where relevant attends media briefings from client, planning team or strategy.
- Attends all client WIPs ensuring all relevant campaign/market updates is/are communicated.
- Starts to have responsibility for buying across all media, responsible for buying Metro TV
- Responsible for completing weekly tracking on all campaign parameters on all TV buys.
- Lead/share market knowledge as key channel champions with broader department and agency.
- Tracks delivery of all the buying parameters, value and benchmarks (Average TARPs, positioning, costs etc)
- 100% proficiency and accuracy with the financials; budget control, contract management, account queries, loading, MI’s and pro-formas.
- Active role in briefing the media owners.
- Proactive in terms of highlighting any issues with the buy, media developments, trends or marketplace conditions that impact buying performance.
- Thoroughly checks all pro-formas and provides to Trading Manager for sign-off prior to invoicing.
- Ensures that all trading assistants deliver on all key responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Trading Managers assists in the training and development of assistants.
What you will need:
- Ideally 1-2 years (local) experience who is keen to teach, train, nurture and can work in a dynamic environment. A slight entrepreneurial spirit would be looked upon favourably – a go getter!
- Overseeing a team of 1 direct report and reporting into a Manager, a Director and ultimately Group Director.
- It’s a fully resourced team and we are one of the few lucky client teams at Media Lab who work very integrated with other business units (CCP, digital, search, social, affiliates, analytics) and have a fun work culture.
- TV buying skills is a must however the majority of the volume is more likely towards OOH/VOD/Cinema.
About Media Lab
Media Lab is the dedicated media community for the Westpac Banking Group. With collaboration at the heart of everything we do, we have developed a shared vision with the Westpac marketing team as well as aligning our values and behaviours all of which are built on a foundation of trust and transparency.
We are a team of 40 specialists working across all paid, owned and earned channels using science & creativity to drive compelling, end to end media connections across the full ecosystem of channels.
Our teams are built around discipline expertise and connected by a truly channel neutral planning and analytics team. Together they apply a scientific approach to planning which guides our thinking working in tandem with deep partnerships with key creative, media, technology, and data partners. This allows us to build bespoke teams to tackle challenges where we are all working as one regardless of background or employer. What gets us out of bed every day is to be known for challenging ourselves and others to push the boundaries of media that propels the Westpac Group ambition.
Our way of working and philosophy makes Media Lab what it is, both in terms of our culture as well as the work we do and the performance we drive.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.