GroupM | Programmatic Manager
Overview of job
The Programmatic Buying Unit is part of the programmatic services of GroupM, theworld’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
Passionate about Programmatic, all things technology and digital media, in this role you will be responsible for managing and developing a portfolio of clients across your specialism. You will be a client service guru looking to be challenged, someone who is curious in their approach to campaign data analysis, thrives on delivering creative ways to grow their clients’ accounts and presenting new opportunities. You will be able to enrich our programmatic solutions by leveraging your experience to creatively use cutting edge technologies, build long-term partnerships, provide thoughtful insights, undertake successful optimisations and deliver best in-market client services.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Head of Programmatic Buying Unit, GroupM.
3 best things about the job:
- Work in a fun filled environment, surrounded by talented digital specialists, where we combine the best digital expertise, technology and innovative global and local brands
- Build your understanding of the programmatic landscape, with exposure and learning opportunities across multiple digital media disciplines.
- Great opportunities for career progression locally and internationally, within the GroupM business or across the GroupM agencies.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Developed a sound understanding of GroupM’s Programmatic product and services.
- Completed training across all aspects of service delivery, operations, processes, best practices and specialist/platform qualifications required for your specialist team.
- Mastered day to day running of account operations and optimising accounts for success.
- Developed a cooperative working relationship with the Executives and Assistants within your team.
- Built strong working relationships with your GroupM and agency peers, as well as our media and technology partners.
In six months:
- Developed a sound understanding of GroupM’s broader proposition and service channels.
- A sound understanding of your clients and campaigns, providing regular reporting and insights, presented new opportunities and provided continual recommendations to improve results.
- Provided regular updates with your stakeholders to ensure performance and service levels were maintained and collaborated regularly with the [m]PLATFORM Services team to develop client strategy across your portfolio of clients.
- Provided regular updates and feedback to the [m]PLATFORM Platforms team that ensured technical challenges were resolved, new technologies and capabilities were assimilated, and processes were optimised to ensure focus was on developing client strategy across your portfolio of clients.
- Arranged regular meetings with your direct reports to work through campaign updates, challenges and provide support plans.
In twelve months:
- Consistently managed and delivered campaigns through your portfolio of clients, with the highest degree of service, strongest results and without error.
- Become a trusted advisor to your GroupM, agency and client partners, delivered successful outcomes and as a result grown the investment across your portfolio.
- Shared your strong programmatic media knowledge through facilitating training sessions with your peers and providing in-depth media strategies within your specialism.
- Through your training, mentoring and enabling opportunities, developed the knowledge and capabilities of your direct reports.
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of clients, taking a high level of pride in your work, delivering best-in-class client service and delivering campaign outcomes.
- Ownership and accountability for campaign delivery and optimisation; managing campaign budgets effectively, providing thoughtful insights and analysis, exceeding your campaign goals, delivering against core business objectives and providing clear reporting.
- Ensure the latest optimisation techniques, platform tools and products are utilised across your portfolio of accounts.
- Understand the goals and success metrics, marketing, seasonality, USP’s, product set and competitors of all of your clients, and transform this information into marketing leading programmatic campaigns.
- Analyse ongoing results to identify campaign trends and key insights toprovide thoughtful recommendations to ensure we meet and exceed client goals.
- Look for new media partner opportunities, as well as identifying opportunities with our current media partners to enable the best outcomes for our clients.
- Be an expert in our technologies - which means you will need to engage publishers and ad tech support teams, maintain allspecialist platform accreditation and training (DSP’s used are: Bid Manager, AppNexus, The Trade Desk & Tube Mogul).
- Maintain a sound understanding of all existing and new developments across the programmatic landscape and technologies.
- Build a great working relationship with your direct reports, operating seamlessly together to deliver success for our clients, across the briefing, booking, set up, optimisation and reporting processes.
- Drive the escalation, investigation and collaboration with the team to resolve campaign and technical challenges, through the development of processes, automation and solutions.
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with your PBU peers, agencies, clients and platform partners, advocating and effectively communicating your specialist solutions and services.
- Be the support to your manager, in the running of your specialist team, the development of operations, advocating best-practice, challenging the status quo and identifying opportunities to improve the way we work.
- Management of direct reports, providing training, mentorship and development opportunities that is cultivating best in market talent.
- Cultivate a positive team culture of fun, productivity, knowledge sharing and growth.
- Epitomise the GroupM vision and values, and sets a positive example for your peers
What you’ll bring:
- An understanding of the programmatic industry and the technology landscape.
- A technical and operational knowledge of the programmatic eco-system, as well as some of the major DSPs and SSPs in the Australian market (DBM, AppNexus, The Trade Desk).
- A strong understanding of performance marketing and ability to drive efficiency, as well as analysing data and delivering insights.
- A solid understanding of conversion tracking and ad serving technologies, tracking set up, the workflow and troubleshooting.
- Experience managing direct reports desirable.
- An intermediate to high working knowledge of Excel.
- A high attention to detail, organisation skills and time management abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a confidence in presenting and experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands.
- The ability to collaborate with your peers to deliver success
- Experience within business, statistics, science, marketing or communications.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a programmatic operations or campaign management role.
- Experience working in a digital agency, or a publisher/agency/client-side trading desk is highly desirable
About GroupM Australia
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.