[m]Platform | PBU Account Manager
Overview of the job:
We are looking for an Account Manager to work across our GroupM’s three media agency. Strategic and Tactical teams to assist internal and client education, consulting and joint planning to drive audience campaigns and add value and insight to our clients’ campaigns.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to Director, mPlatform China.
3 best things about the job:
- Be a critical part of the business. To advertising business, it is essential to be able to measure communication result in scientific ways.
- Focus on longer-term systematic solution building as well as short-term optimization.
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best of the WPP/Kantar network across China and globally, to drive more inspirational insights.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Building systematic communication measurement solutions for mPlatform to evaluate campaign effectiveness with truly understanding of client’s business and communication needs and objectives.
- Leading the measurement projects and generate value out of them.
- Working efficiently with China, regional and global mPlatform teams on multi-country work and applying global tools/insights in the local market.
- Thought Leadership – improving the agency’s standing in the marketplace through cutting-edge measurement solutions and practices.
- Working with internal partners or external vendors for different solutions efficiently.
- Ensuring sharing best practice with clients, internal teams and a wider external audience.
- Leveraging experiences and knowledge to support new business pitches and key existing clients’ strategy needs.
Tasks & Measurement
In three months:
- Got familiar with mPlatform and GroupM capabilities and work that we do for clients
- Connected with key stakeholders within the group and external partners
- Connected with the Strategy, Planning and Analytics teams within mPlatform/GroupM/WPP
- Started working on pilot projects for measurement
- Quickly be familiar with assigned clients.
- Establish a trusted relationship with internal clients. Independently solve the content request raising from client team.
In six months:
- Started exploring opportunities to build mPlatform’s measurement solutions with understanding clients’ needs and strategic planning.
- Worked on the collaboration of internal partners and external partners
- Developed potential directions for building mPlatform measurement solutions
- Independently provide quality insight related support to client teams.
- Provide the direction in insight in campaigns.
In 12 months:
- Established measurement solutions with leveraging mPlatform/GroupM’s resources
- Successfully measured pilot and important campaigns with the value generated to communication planning
- Helped to elevate the client’s perception of mPlatform’s measurement capabilities as part of driving better strategic planning and thought-leadership
- Contribute to new business
- Maintain good relationship with SP team and client.
- Clearly knows where to find the resource to solve client’s needs.
What you will need:
- 3-4 years professional experience in programmatic media buy, digital media or online advertising. Had worked with DSP vendors, digital marketing agency, 3rd party data company or
other related digital companies. Comfortable with numbers and calculations Understanding of digital marketing disciplines from digital display, OTV, SEO, social media, E
commerce Native Chinese speaker with conversational spoken and written English, excellent presentation
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
China is now the second largest media market, and the world’s most vibrant digital market, growing at double the rate of the US. In 2013, China surpassed the US in e-commerce, and China leads the world in mobile with over 600m smartphone connections. The pace of change and the scale of China’s emerging consumer market are unparalleled in any other market. Global CEOs are looking to China to drive growth, and brands are rushing to keep pace.
If you want a future in media and communications, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than China, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.