Wavemaker | Head of Automation
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company, and is a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Head of Automation to join us. In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Technology; and would assist him to drive automation projects for us as well as our clients.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of Technology – Wavemaker, India
3 best things about the job:
1. Given we are predominantly in the media sector, you will be working on many global & industry-firsts.
2. Get to work with some of the high-profile clients & brands in the industry.
3. You will be instrumental in setting up India Automation COE.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Develop detailed understanding & familiarity with on-going projects, teams, architecture, tools & processes.
- Individually contribute to streamlining existing project operations/ reporting with minimal supervision.
- Ensure projects & deliverables stay on track as per the timelines set.
In six months:
- Recommend a plan of action to optimize existing projects & consolidate them.
- Internally, design/execute automation projects within differentiated channels.
- Structure business plans to reach out to clients & pitch automation projects.
In 12 months:
- Emerge as the default automation expert both internally & amongst clients.
- Become proficient in escalation, handling projects, and resolving conflicts.
- Successfully master the art of winning automation pitches & project execution.
- Set up the India Automation Centre of Excellence as a fully functional entity.
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- You will operate within a highly motivated work environment.
- You will be coordinating on deliverables internally and externally.
- You will be constantly pushing boundaries & tackling challenges that first-movers face. You will be solving them on the go, as well as setting standards for those who follow.
What you’ll bring:
- Above everything else, we expect top-notch communication & project management skills.
- Given your industry, we need your mastery over automation 101s & basics.
- We are big believers in learning on-the-go. We need you to be on top of the latest updates & trends, that could impact us/clients.
- Based on our requirements, work with the larger Wavemaker/GroupM team in identifying solutions, evaluate partners, create project plans, and manage those projects.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities/projects that are relevant and aids our /client’s business
- Continuously manage and evaluate external partners to drive efficiency.
- Innovate on the process – to achieve operational efficiency and better quality of a product.
- Timely and quality execution of existing projects with set objectives defined by stakeholders.
- Consult with client/agency to better reports and make them insightful and value adds for clients with live recommendations
- Understanding of various RPA, cloud & development platforms
- Gaining knowledge about tools in the industry – proprietary WM tools, GroupM tools & other third-party ones.
- Excellent overall understanding of automation as a domain.
- Strong grasp of associated technologies.
- Experience with data verification, quality control, and analytics.
- Graduate/ Post Graduate – Computer Engineering/ associated fields
- 10+ years of Project Management experience across technology domains handling varied projects.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in handling pure-play Automation/RPA Projects.
- Experience in a Tech Consultancy firm with a proven track record in consulting and advisory.
- Experience across sectors & industries with marketing and product management portfolios is advantageous.
- Good research skills & the ability to self-learn is a must.
- Effective in both verbal and writing when presenting / packaging projects to the clients and internal stakeholders is a much
- Must be numerically-inclined and extremely comfortable in a data-intensive role.
- Basic design, UI/UX sensibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Excel in executing in an orderly, organized, and structured fashion
- Able to multi-task and have a strong capability to meet demanding timelines and customer expectations.
- Excellent PowerPoint Skills
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar-revenue next-generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions, and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second-largest internet market with close to 450 million users. Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fuelled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.