Mindshare | Director - Client Leadership
This is a senior position within Mindshare, where you'll have responsibility for running a portfolio of high-profile multinational brands with services scope focused on communications planning and media campaign implementation management, by leveraging insights, analytics and strategy skillset.
There is frequent high-level client contact, and you'll be the face of Mindshare to a major client. You will lead the client relationship while also being responsible for maintaining the quality of contracted services, lobbying additional assignments as well as developing appetite for and building revenues from out-of-scope offerings and value add services.
As Client Leader, you will be tasked with supporting management for the profitable and efficient running of each account through the allocation of resources, process and systems across the portfolio.
REPORTING OF THE ROLE
This role reports to the Partner – Client Leadership
BEST THINGS ABOUT THE JOB
- This position affords the opportunity to work for a globally networked client which uses a very robust proprietary marketing-oriented planning framework.
- This client is a leading innovator in the industry and thirsty for market-first innovations.
- Ability to further your career in markets other than Philippines.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
In 3 months you would have:
Establish leadership stance among key stakeholders both on client and agency side. To translate the client’s needs into clear direction and leadership for all Mindshare and GroupM resources working on the account. To become completely familiar with the client’s organizational structure, planning process, marketing calendar and the needs of key stakeholders.
In 6 months you would have:
To be the recognized trusted advisor, execute “media first” innovations and deliver exceptional ROI for the client.
In 12 months you would have:
To expand the range of non-traditional media investments the client makes, and to be the go-to person for all matters connected to media in the local market. To continually delight the client.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Entrench senior client relationships that position Mindshare as a principal business partner of the client/s. Be unafraid to push back, be audacious and stand your ground in terms of ideas.
- Build client satisfaction by soliciting feedback and operating like a consultant.
- Acts as a client visionary by bringing a highly valued perspective to the client based on a deep understanding of their business, issues and opportunities.
- Overall strategic approach on the account/s designed and delivered to meet client’s business objectives and strategies.
- Oversee the implementation of the annual planning in conjunction with the client team.
- Generate and communicate a shared goal and unifies a team in the pursuit of a common objective.
- Drive additional services in areas like Content, Social, Data Partnerships and Performance Marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 10-12 years’ work experience in business consultancy, market research/analytics or a strategic planning role, of which at least 3-4 years have been spent working on media/communications planning related business. Media agency experience optional but working knowledge of media planning required.
- Highly evolved presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience in managing large projects
- Demonstrated experience and success working with the decision makers of organizations.
- Significant proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners.
- Shows a depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands and consumers in client conversations.
- Understands business principles and good practice and perceives issues in both financial and commercial terms.
PHILIPPINES MARKET OVERVIEW
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.