MediaCom | HR Manager
Overview of job
MediaCom Melbourne is looking for a HR Manager to lead innovative, people-centric initiatives and solutions with a focus on attraction, development, engagement, transformation and business growth.
This role is perfect for an experienced HR generalist, with a creative flair and bucket loads of energy and initiative. Each day will see you flexing between offering strategic advice on people related matters, partnering with the AUNZ Head of HR to create and deliver on industry leading initiatives, and being the heart of the agency through your approachability and transparency.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the AUNZ Head of HR, based in Sydney, but day to day sits alongside the Managing Director and the Leadership team of the Melbourne office.
Three best things about the role:
- You have a seat at the leadership table to help steer the success and direction of MediaCom Melbourne;
- Being part of a passionate, driven and energetic team of media and HR professionals who truly embody the MediaCom ethos of ‘People First, Better Results’; and
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced industry where no day is the same, your expertise and guidance on people related matters is highly valued, and your ideas for continuous improvement are welcomed.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Established an open, honest and positive relationship with our people, built on providing trusted advice and problem-solving skills, even when under pressure;
- Formed a strong partnership with the AUNZ Head of HR, HR Advisor (both based in Sydney), and the wider GroupM HR Team;
- Developed an understanding of MediaCom’s local positioning, strategic roadmap and our organisational values;
- Developed an understanding of the various MediaCom specific HR and talent initiatives (and challenges) and polices around induction, development, performance management, and stakeholder negotiations
- Become familiar with the internal systems and processes associated with the HR & Talent function within MediaCom, GroupM and WPP
In six months, you would have:
- Implemented the strategic HR plan for 2019 in the Melbourne office, that aligns to MediaCom’s vision and direction;
- A thorough understanding of the MediaCom business, products and services portfolio and capabilities in the context of our business strategy;
- Played a significant role in driving and growing the ‘People First” culture of MediaCom;
- Consistently given considered and concise advice on HR issues and demonstrated strong stakeholder management skills across all levels of seniority.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Positively and visibly impacted staff engagement and attrition;
- Maintained open, honest and productive working relationships with all of your stakeholders; and
- Played a crucial role in the ongoing evolution of MediaCom Melbourne
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assists the Talent Team in the development of a strong EVP that support the attraction of the top talent Australia (and the world!) has to offer;
- Work with the SLT to understand what the future talent needs will be and ensure we have the competitive intelligence internally and externally to meet the changing needs of the business
- Ensure hiring managers are screening a diverse range of candidates in order to build out unique skills and abilities
- Ensure our onboarding process is best in class and enhances employee performance and retention
- Lead our performance review and KPI setting process across the agency
- Work closely with the Head of HR and the Melbourne SLT to ensure that managers are held accountable for their team’s performance
- Work with WPP’s The Academy, which provides our employee training, to ensure employees are attending the most appropriate training programs and workshops to support their succession planning and professional growth;
- Manage succession planning for business critical roles across the agency and develop a talent pipeline with both internal and external candidates
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, develop and champion retention and engagement strategies which are relevant to our agency and our unique people challenges
- Identify what inspires and motivates our talent, to help develop industry leading employee reward and recognition initiatives;
- Ensure all policies and procedures are well understood and adhered to by all employees
- Assists the AUNZ Head of HR with the development and the driving of a clear and aligned health and wellbeing proposition; and
- Identifies opportunities to better support our people in work/life balance over and above our existing offerings
What you will need:
- To be a tenacious leader in the HR space with proven ability to work on your own, experience reporting into a remote manager and have loads of initiative!
- Demonstrated experience in working as a true strategic HR business partner within a fluid, fast moving and dynamic industry
- A generalist HR background, with a particular experience in talent management, ER, engagement, change management and recruitment;
- Strong people and team skills with the ability to influence others in a constructive manner and build long term relationships
- Excellent time management skills in order to effectively prioritise simultaneous demands from a variety of different sources and adapt and respond appropriately.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of employees of different ages, experience levels and skillsets;
- Strong creative problem solving and lateral thinking skills, with a flexible and adaptable approach with a willingness to learn and be ‘hands on’ wherever needed
- Collaborative and astute - able to quickly build trust and respect within our network.
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal