Wavemaker | Planner, Integrated Planning
Overview of job:
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for Planner, Integrated Planning to join us.
In this role, you will be a partner with planning team and external media partners to drive integrated solution. Proposing and implementing new ideas and product offerings.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
This role reports to: Planning Manager
3 best things about the job:
- A learning environment with mentorship
- Opportunities to work across local and international client and agency teams
- Performance driven role with a focus on growing business
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Adapted and bonded with the internal team across the agency
- Overseen past work and plans to the best of your ability
- Gained initial client trust and comfort level to drive their business
In six months, you would have:
- Driven strategic plans for your clients
- Shown significant signs of growth potential.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Grown existing client businesses
- Mentored and trained your team to be better at their core skills
Responsibilities of the role:
Besides planning, overseeing, and driving operational needs of your clients; you would also be in-charge of being a digital consultant to the clients by advising, guiding and shaping your clients’ digital work. While growing existing business will be key, you will also be assisting your senior agency teams in new business development strategies and plans during pitches.
What you will need:
- Under graduate degree in communication or media or business management (Post-graduate/masters preferred)
- 1 to 5 years of experience in media planner (or a role that covers above knowledge areas)
- Fluency in Thai and English (both written and spoken)
- High confidence levels to work with mid to senior level clients (both local and regional/global)
- Knowledge required in - media insights and analysis for planning, reporting and insights on campaigns, performance marketing and programmatic buying
- Candidate should be able to present thoughts, plans and ideas in a clear and succinct manner (on a PowerPoint, Excel, or otherwise)
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
In a population of 66 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 137% with smart phone penetration at 61%. Digital spend has grown 18% year-on-year since 2016 and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media and marketing communication markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.