Kinetic | Manager - Media Buying
Overview of job
Kinetic India is the world’s largest OOOH company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three OOH campaign you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Regional Trading Manager to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Managing Unbiased Media Partner Relationship for the Region assigned to you
- Tracking various changes in the OOH scenario which affects brands & campaigns.
- Negotiating & bringing in the best buys for every campaign
- Understanding briefs given by Client servicing teams
- Translating the landscape & audience understanding of the Region back to the servicing teams & helping them devise effective plans.
- Identifying new media opportunities in your region
- Trading Revenue Generation using approved compliant methods
At Kinetic India, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Trading & Operations Head
3 best things about the job:
1. A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest Out of home group in the world.
2. Working within a proven, fast growing team of over 120 + Media specialists servicing some of the biggest brands in the region.
3. Exposure to the best in class business practices in Out of Home (OOH) industry, opportunity to learn and grow in revenue generation, servicing and OOH product understanding
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- You will identify gaps if any within the existing set of partners.
- Setup seamless working mechanism with the MO and CS to deliver as per timelines
- Build relationship with CS teams to foster better working environment
- Contribute in asset data collection for the region
- Initial training on usage of tools
In six months:
- You will be setting up process to deliver savings
- Identifying new media opportunities.
- Setting up benchmarking of all assets you always purchase for the campaigns to ensure that Kinetic buys the cheapest.
In 12 months:
- You will setup trading strategy for the region assigned to you for delivering revenues
- You will ensure that all planning is done using tools
What your day job looks like at Kinetic India:
- Day to day interaction with business teams and media owners for plan submissions
- Negotiating for better prices
- Interaction with operations team for seamless campaign executions
- Usage of Kinetic proprietary tools for building plans
- Updating data in the tools to enhance tool deliveries
- Closing Volume deals with Media Owners
What you’ll bring:
- Proactive support to the business teams to enable them close campaigns
- Ability to understand audience in your region & translate the landscape understanding to the business teams
- Strong Analytical skills to predict changes expected in the OOH market scenario.
- Willingness to learn new tech and adapt to the ever-changing market.
- Good communication skills
- Previous work experience
- Graduation in marketing/ brand / media communication from a reputed university preferred.
- Graduation – Commerce will also be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar domain preferred.
- MBA with 2 years of experience considering swapping their field can be considered.
More about Kinetic India
Kinetic uses intelligence, technology and creativity to help brands communicate with valuable audiences on the move.
As the world’s largest planner and digital innovator in Out-of-Home advertising, we understand the customer’s physical journey better than anyone. Through the application of dynamic data and tech, we turn that journey into an Active Journey, driving people to act in context. Whether it’s through mobile and social, location-based experiences or in-transit, we are committed to delivering new ways to make OOH interactive and amplifiable – driving efficiency and measurable transactions and bringing forward the future of OOH communications for brands.
Kinetic is a global agency within WPP, serving hundreds of agencies and brands alike.
For more information, please visit our website: kineticww.com
Discover more about Kinetic:
Follow Kinetic on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kineticindia/
Follow Kinetic on Twitter - @kineticww
Follow Kinetic on Instagram - @@kineticindiasocial
Follow Kinetic on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/kinetic-worldwide
Indian advertising market to cross $10 billion mark in 2019. Digital media advertising in India in 2018 itself was around $1.3 billion, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with 12 percent of the world's internet users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fuelled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.