Wavemaker | Media Manager
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are looking for a Media Manager / Associate Manager with integrated or digital media planning and implementation experience. You must possess a proven track record in orchestrating best-in-class media strategy and execution that drove tangible business growth for your clients in the Singapore market, and own existing relationships with media vendors.
This position will suit individuals who are driven to excel in a fast-paced media agency environment across diverse client portfolio and are able to work well under pressure. You should also be a confident and articulate presenter/communicator as you will be expected to front client relationships and present campaign strategy and media recommendations.
As an Integrated Manager you must possess a solid working knowledge of how traditional and digital channels interplay in the media ecosystem. You are expected to bring with you relevant experience in developing media strategies based on consumer insights, leading internal agency teams and steering external partners to deliver compelling solutions to achieve clients’ campaign objectives and KPIs.
For the Digital Manager role, you will own digital strategy, channel planning and implementation, budget and performance optimization to deliver exceptional results for clients. You are expected to possess solid digital working knowledge across biddable and non-biddable platforms.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Group Account Director
3 Best Things About the Job:
- Working with a high performing client business team to drive best in class communication strategy, integrated channel planning and result-oriented implementation for well-known local brands and renowned international brands.
- Opportunities to work with specialist teams in GroupM to gain a diverse spectrum of experience across digital, content, media.
- A culture built on collective energy, passion, collaboration and support.
What Your Day Looks Like in Wavemaker:
- Develop strong campaign solutions based on Wavemaker’s proprietary consumer journey planning framework, from category/brand/consumer insights to strategy and channel recommendation.
- Drive strategic and tactical innovation across diverse mix of media channels that will yield tangible marketing/business results for clients.
- For the Integrated Manager / Associate Manger role, project management is a key part of your scope. You will develop overall media strategy, own campaign deliverables and assertively collaborate with internal teams to ensure all parties are up to speed on what needs to be delivered by when.
- For the Digital Manager / Associate Manager role, you will strategise and implement campaigns across all non-biddable and biddable platforms, including KPI setting to meet both campaign level objectives and broad business goals, optimization and budgeting strategy, cross-channel attribution analysis and application.
- As the overall campaign account guardian, you will steer internal teams / external stakeholders to deliver good quality and exceptional work by proactively evaluating and providing POV on the output of their work.
- Evolve use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of media plans and ensure the team delivers on agreed KPIs.
- Manage expectations of multiple stakeholders (among internal teams, client teams and other agency partners) to deliver quality work in short turnaround time.
What You Need:
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in a media / digital agency where your key function includes the development of campaign strategy, media planning and implementation across a diverse media mix in the Singapore market.
- Proven track record in owning strong client relationships.
- Competent in juggling different work streams at the same time, you must be a strong project manager with a flair in managing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- A creative thinker who constantly seeks new ideas/inspirations to bring fresh perspectives to internal teams and clients.
- Some experience in junior team management (such as coaching on media planning and managing client’s expectations, ensuring rigor in thinking, etc.)
- Resilient, able to work with demanding client expectations and challenging deadlines.
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.