Wavemaker | Head of Precision Marketing Tech
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company, and is a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for a Head of Precision Marketing Tech to join us. In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Technology; and would assist him to drive projects for our clients.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of Technology – Wavemaker, India
3 best things about the job:
1. Under you, we plan to make the Precision Marketing Tech practice one of our strongest suits.
2. Get to work with some of the high-profile clients & brands in the industry.
3. You will be working alongside a team of highly-motivated & talented individuals to build this from the ground up.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Wavemaker clients and how they operate.
- Develop a detailed plan of action to drive Precision Marketing Strategy for WM clients.
- Finalize & work alongside Head of DXP & Head of CRM to outline projects & processes.
- Set up pitch decks & associated communicated to aid afore-mentioned client outreach.
In six months:
- Meetings / Pitches across some of the top WM & external clients in terms of our expertise/deliverables.
- 1-2 initial projects to be won & groundwork to be put in place.
- Structure business plans, financials, teams & processes to execute the same.
In 12 months:
- Emerge as the default Precision Marketing Tech-expert both internally & amongst clients.
- Become proficient in handling projects, escalations, and resolving conflicts.
- Successfully master the art of winning client pitches & project executions.
- Set up the Precision Marketing Tech Team as a fully functional entity.
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- You will operate within a highly engaging work environment, with lots of learning.
- You will be coordinating with your team & clients on deliverables internally and externally.
- You will be constantly pushing boundaries & tackling challenges that first-movers typically face. You will be solving them on the go, as well as setting standards as far as some of the processes are concerned.
What you’ll bring:
- Above everything else, we expect top-notch communication & project management skills.
- We expect our mastery over Precision Marketing domain basics, and an overall understanding of associated tools, processes & platforms.
- We are big believers in self-learning & learning on-the-go. We need you to be on top of the latest updates & trends, that could impact us/clients.
- Based on our/client requirements, work with the larger Wavemaker/GroupM team in identifying solutions, evaluate partners, create project plans, and manage those projects.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities/projects that are relevant and aids our /client’s business
- Continuously identify, manage, and evaluate external partners to drive efficiency.
- Innovate on the process – to achieve operational efficiency and better quality of the product.
- Timely and quality execution of existing projects with set objectives defined by stakeholders.
- Consult with client/agency to better reports and make them insightful and value adds for clients with live recommendations
- Understanding of various ad-tech/mar-tech, DXP, CDP, CRM, cloud & development platforms.
- Gaining knowledge about tools used in the media industry – proprietary tools & other third-party ones.
- Excellent overall understanding of Precision Marketing as a domain.
- Experience with reports & measurements, data verification, quality control, and analytics.
- Graduate/ Post Graduate – Engineering/ associated fields
- 10+ years of Project Management experience across technology domains handling varied projects.
- At least 4 - 6 years’ experience of handling pure-play Precision marketing Technology projects – CDP, DXP, CRM, etc.
- Experience in a Tech Consultancy firm with a proven track record in consulting and advisory.
- Experience across sectors & industries with marketing and product management portfolios is advantageous.
- Good research skills & the ability to self-learn is a must.
- Effective verbal and writing skills in presenting / packaging projects to the clients and internal stakeholders is a much
- Must be numerically-inclined and extremely comfortable in a data-intensive role.
- Basic design, UI/UX sensibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Able to multi-task and have a strong capability to meet demanding timelines and customer expectations.
- Excellent PowerPoint Skills
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content, and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions, and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
About IndiaDigital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second-largest internet market with close to 450 million users. Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fuelled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.