Contract Administration Representative (Operations)
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company(“Delaware Life”), we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to work with. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (‘Group1001’): an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time.
The Contract Administration Representative position will be responsible for the processing of paperwork and case ownership to ensure accurately and timely completion of customer transactions. This position’s primary focus will be new business applications but will also be required to assist with other types of transactions for both Variable and Fixed Annuity policies. The position will be a part of the operations team supporting the new internal administrative platform.
This role will process and review paperwork to determine if it is in good order. For paperwork that is not in good order, the Contract Administration Representatives will work directly with agents and customers to resolve the outstanding issues. Additionally, this role will be may be required to assist the Customer Service Coordinators if call volumes are high.
This position has a variety of duties, including but not limited to:
- Process and review new business paperwork to issue the business accurately and in a timely manner. This includes, but not limited to, entering the data into the system, checking for NIGOs, suitability reviews, and working with agents to resolve NIGOs.
- Learning, retaining, and updating one's knowledge of a wide variety of financial product information and internal processes and procedures, while adhering to strict financial industry rules and regulations.
- Assist with processing other types of maintenance and withdrawal transactions as needed.
- Provide information regarding contract values, contract status updates, withdrawals, fund performance, outstanding issue requirements, 1035 exchanges, IRA and Qualified Plan transfers and rollovers, agent licensing, and commissions for new business.
- Support both Agent/Advisors and Clients with all new business operations.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Advanced level degree a plus
- 3+ years of operational/customer service or processing experience or a combination is preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of the annuity market, with specific focus on the fixed, fixed indexed and variable annuities.