Investment Operations Analyst
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Investment Operations Analyst will be responsible for a variety of daily activities including trade processing of investments, cash processing of investment activity including principal & interest payments. This role reports to the Assistant Vice President, Investment Reporting.
- Ensure security master files are setup correctly on the investments within each portfolio.
- Process mortgage loan servicing activity. Records all activity and calculates the earnings related to all mortgage loan activities.
- On a monthly basis, loading prices and cashflows into the investment accounting system.
- Perform position reconciliations between the investment accounting system, trading system, and custodians.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of an investment data warehouse, which is used to assure the accuracy and timeliness of reporting the investment results.
- Creating various tasks and ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in investment accounting or finance; CPA and/or CFA is a plus.
- Minimum 2-4 years investment operations experience, preferably in the financial services or insurance industry.
- Working knowledge of CAMRA or PAM applications is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, and ability to clearly articulate complex information to others.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and issues within and related to operational activities, and ability to meet strict deadlines and multi-task are a must.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and PC applications.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups in multiple location