Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Axia Technology Partners (AxiaTP) empowers organizations in all industries to achieve operational excellence through managed IT services, unified communications and custom software solutions. AxiaTP was founded in 2008. Now a member of the Group 1001 family of companies, our team is a fast-growing Complete Technology Provider.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Accountant will be responsible for compiling and preparing internal/external financial data and assist with general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain assigned bank reconciliation on a current basis and report any variances immediately.
- Reconcile and code all credit card expenses, ensuring proper documentation is received.
- Post payments received from customers with careful detail to billing software.
- Code and enter invoices into accounts payable software, ensuring accuracy as invoices flow through to QuickBooks Online.
- Work alongside the purchasing team, ensuring POs are properly coded and matched with corresponding invoices.
- Assist with monthly journal entry postings as directed.
- Process manual payments as directed.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as time allows, including process improvement across accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Scan/copy/process all daily/monthly/quarterly/annual reports for the accounting department as directed.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in increasingly responsible accounting roles.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interaction skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and strong data entry skills.
- Proven outstanding analytical skills required.
- Bachelor's degree with CPA designation.