Loss Control Consultant
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Loss Control Consultant
Philadelphia, pa or Remote
Clear Spring Property and Casualty is a leading provider of property and casualty insurance. Our future-forward strategy is rooted in deep industry knowledge and a mastery of emerging technologies. Clear Spring Property and Casualty Company is a subsidiary of Delaware Life Insurance Company and its parent company, Group1001. Our relationship with these organizations has yielded an innovative technology platform that provides smarter risk management solutions for property and casualty insurance brokers. Clear Spring is dedicated to Group1001's mission: making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’re confident in our forward-thinking products, and that you’ll love partnering with us.
The Loss Control Consultant will be responsible for working with a specific group of clients to find and eliminate a wide variety of potential loss generators. This involves inspecting facilities, construction jobsites, factories and equipment for areas with potential for accidents. Following comprehensive research and analysis, the consultant must have the ability to write coherent reports and letters, make appropriate recommendations for repairs or upgrades and produce safety plans and procedure changes that will eliminate or reduce possible hazards
- Conduct loss control surveys to determine potential hazards and risk factors.
- Create detailed reports to provide a clear assessment of risk and articulate recommendations.
- Travel, via personal automobile, to visit assigned clients, unassigned one-time requested visits, prospective clients and insurance agencies.
- Monitor assigned client’s injury loss ratios, consult with clients on effective hazard controls, and advise on recommendations.
- Build and maintain solid business relationships with clients, underwriters, brokers, co-workers, and vendors.
- Analyze loss trends and recommendations and surveys to identify opportunities to mitigate client high-risk exposures.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory environment and emerging safety issues.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Loss Control preferred.
- 5 years’ experience as an LP Consultant preferred.
- Will consider 5 years or more of manufacturing or construction industry experience as a safety manager, with increasing responsibility. Must be willing to obtain ARM or CSP designation within 5 years of employment.
- Thorough knowledge of workers’ compensation issues, industry trends, and safety standards in the Northeast United States.
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation, as well as strong public speaking/presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivator, and able to work with minimal supervision.