Case Management Consultant
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Case Management Consultant position will be responsible for supporting our third-party administrator (“TPA”) on our Legacy Life Insurance block of business. This position’s primary focus will be to review and respond to questions from the TPA, run illustrations, and help identify & resolve system issues.
This role will review questions from the TPA and determine a course of action. They will review and research questions and issues as needed. They will also run illustrations for the TPA and work with our actuaries to run any manual illustrations. They will help identify and resolve any system issues by working with the actuaries and the TPA. Any issues that require escalation or exceptions will be presented to management for review.
This position has a variety of duties, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of customer transactions and questions.
- Monitor & analyze reports pertaining to the policies' status and values
- Learn the TPA systems: FAST, Orion, & OnBase
- Learn how to use the illustration system: DL Illustrator.
- Learning, retaining, and updating one's knowledge of a wide variety of financial product information and internal processes and procedures, while adhering to strict financial industry rules and regulations.
- Assist with processing other types of maintenance and withdrawal transactions as needed.
- Support the Legal Department & Customer Relations with any research information regarding contract values & contract language.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of operational/customer service or processing experience or a combination is preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of the life insurance market, with specific focus on the whole life & universal life.