Analyst, Risk Management
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
RVI Group is a Stamford based residual value insurance company serving both lessors and investors in the passenger vehicle, commercial equipment and commercial real estate markets. Residual value insurance protects against a decline in market value of tangible assets and is a critical tool for asset risk and lease accounting. The flexibility of residual value insurance allows us to tailor coverage to meet the objectives of each unique client.
We are seeking an Analyst to join our Risk Management Department. Primary responsibilities for this position include performing quantitative analysis and data management to support Passenger Vehicle’s residual value forecasts, producing underwriting and risk management analyses, and contributing to RVI Analytical Services (“RVIAS”) projects.
This individual will also support product and market development activities in North America and other international markets. Strong collaboration and communication skills are necessary as well as the ability to deliver high quality work with strong attention to detail. This individual will partner closely with RVI’s Risk Management and the Passenger Vehicle teams.
- Process external data inputs to support RVI Passenger Vehicle’s residual value risk analysis
- Perform operational tasks for all departments efficiently and with quality
- Perform analysis as needed to support Passenger Vehicle’s underwriting and other functions
- Assist in Passenger Vehicle’s business development and underwriting for both North America and international markets
- Conduct research on asset risk associated with all Lines of Business
- Assist in the development of new products and new business
- Support RVIAS projects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or above degree in actuarial science, statistics, economics, financial engineering or other related fields
- 0-3 years’ experience in an analytical position. (Econometric modeling experience is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience in auto industry preferred but not required
Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent skills and/or experience in data analysis and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Stata or other statistical software
- Programming knowledge in Python is a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL or other database management language is a plus
Key Competencies (self-management, collaboration and leadership)
- Ability to undertake multiple assignments and achieve results independently
- Must be comfortable supporting a group of people and juggling multiple priorities
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly; comfortable asking questions and verifying information and requirements
RVI Group offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, a 401(k) Plan, and education assistance. For more information on the Company, please visit our website at www.rvigroup.com. The RVI Group is an equal opportunity employer. Background checks are required. If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume on to [email protected]