Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group1001, an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
The Law and Compliance Department of Delaware Life Insurance Company is currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant for our Waltham, Massachusetts office to support the members of the company’s legal and compliance teams.
- Provides general administrative support to lawyers, paralegals and Compliance personnel, including assistance with correspondence, meetings, calendars, files, mail, regulatory filings, regulatory examinations, travel arrangements, and employee reimbursements and third-party vendor payments utilizing Oracle Fusion software.
- Maintains confidential department records and files, including communications dealing with employment matters, policyholder complaints, regulatory communications, and litigation, and assists with subpoena responses and bankruptcy matters.
- Assists with the administration of the company’s learning management system and related communications.
- Maintains a database concerning correspondence with various regulatory agencies.
- Assists with matter management and external law firm relationships and billing utilizing Legal Tracker software.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of prior administrative assistant experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior legal experience in a law firm or corporate law department is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing priorities.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Understands the importance of deadlines and discretion in dealing with issues of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Adobe.