Director, Capital Markets
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Group 1001 Treasury Department is accountable for the strategy and execution of funding structures for Group 1001 holding companies and its affiliates. In addition, Group 1001 Treasury is the primary point of contact for bank relationships for the company, and Treasury oversees the management of the capital allocation process across the various annuity products. This position will assist the Group Treasurer in support of this mission.
- Working with Business Units and Investments to identify and analyze transactions to reduce funding costs or create balance sheet efficiencies.
- Ensure optimal balance sheet treatment of transactions by thoroughly investigating economic and financial impacts.
- Understand broad implications of accounting, rating agency, capital, tax, and regulatory effects on overall solutions in the context of an insurance company.
- Lead cross-functional teams to structure loans, create securitizations, or execute financial deals.
- Manage the terms of transactions with internal constituents and Wall Street Banks to identify potential issues with deals but then help solve those items in a manner acceptable to all involved.
- Manage the deal process to ensure objectives and deadlines are being met.
- Help manage and build out the FABN and FHLB programs.
- Knowledge of investments, financial structuring, and securitization techniques.
- Comfortable with investigating, learning, and modeling the transaction details.
- Ability to negotiate terms with Wall Street counterparties to execute transactions.
- High-level knowledge of accounting, tax, rating agency, and capital regimes in an insurance context.
- Proven experience managing projects within a larger organization and across different disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; self-directed with the ability to work collaboratively or individually.
- An independent strategic thinker capable of understanding the full scope of projects while seeing individual tasks through to completion.
- Advanced skill levels in using Excel and the ability to develop financial models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Math related field.
- Preference is given to MBA or CFA.
- 7+ years of experience in the financial services or insurance industry.