Virtual Chief Information Officer
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Axia Technology Partners (AxiaTP) empowers organizations in all industries to achieve operational excellence through managed IT services, unified communications and custom software solutions. AxiaTP was founded in 2008. Now a member of the Group 1001 family of companies, our team is a fast-growing Complete Technology Provider.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The vCIO serves as the senior-most strategic leader and advisor for all matters related to IT direction, guidance, implementation and management for assigned customers. The vCIO holds management and leadership responsibility for the assigned service delivery pod; a team comprised of Engineer, Service & Project Delivery Manager, Professional Services and Help Desk roles. This role is ultimately responsible for the successful and profitable delivery of all services for all customers assigned to the service team and the quality of the customer experience.
- Set each customer’s expectations for service delivery and ensure they are met or exceeded by the performance of the service team.
- Achieve sufficient profitability for all service delivery to assigned customers.
- Develop expert familiarity with assigned customers’ IT environments through the IT Score assessment tool and additional discovery methods.
- Develop each customer’s strategic IT Plan designed to improve their IT Score over time.
- Maintain a pipeline of paid service projects to augment recurring service contract revenue.
- Maintain a backlog of professional services work for the Service & Project Delivery Manager to structure and assign.
- Deliver monthly and/or quarterly strategic IT reviews with primary stakeholders for each customer, outlining service performance, progress against recent initiatives, and overall status against the strategic IT Plan.
- Identify and prioritize IT initiatives within the IT Plan for the Service & Project Delivery Manager to scope, define, and schedule delivery by the service team.
- Collaborate with the customer, Service & Project Delivery Manager, and Network Engineer to inform the requirements for each IT initiative with strategic guidance and oversight.
- Identify any required purchases for each IT initiative in cooperation with the Network Engineer and ensure detailed specs are provided to the AxiaTP Account Manager for quote.
- Review and approve or provide revision guidance for all IT changes to customer IT environments as documented by the Network Engineer prior to deployment.
- Ensure regular IT Review processes are completed by the service team for each customer (security baselines, patching, device audits, invoice audits, etc).
- Review team utilization to ensure no customer is consuming disproportionate resources; take corrective action where needed, maintaining a focus on quality customer experience.
- Review Help Desk performance for assigned customers and address needs for improvement.
- Directly manage all members of the assigned service team (typically 4-6 staff).
- Partner in the professional development of service team members preparing each for promotion and advancement opportunities.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT administration roles.
- 5+ years in management positions overseeing a team of technicians across multiple technologies and technical disciplines.
- 2+ years as a senior-most IT leader responsible for the successful development and execution of an organization’s IT strategy.
- Proven expertise with network architecture in a mid-size corporate environment (serving 500+ employees).
- Proven ability to manage communication and relationships with senior executive business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to translate operational requirements into specific executable IT plans at scale.
- Experience with enterprise phone and call center management systems such as Cisco Unified CCX, Cisco Finesse, Cisco IP Communicator Softphone, Calabrio WFM, or the Genesys suite, Preferred.