Head of Marketing - Gainbridge
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
About the Company
Gainbridge, a part of the Group 1001 enterprise, is a self-managed, innovative, digital platform providing its users and businesses with direct access to trusted financial products to smartly grow their savings over time. Gainbridge strives to offer products through its platform that are simple, intuitive, and backed by innovative technology with no complexity or hidden fees. Gainbridge empowers users to take control of the financial future with simple solutions accessible to everyone no matter their budget.
Group 1001, the parent company of Gainbridge, is a technology-driven financial services company with a mission to empower our customers, employees, and communities by making innovative products accessible to everyone. We strive to demystify how insurance and annuity products are purchased today by leveraging technology to provide intuitive financial solutions for all Americans. As part of our mission, we invest in strategic partnerships to connect with and transform communities through education and sports. As of September 2022, Group 1001 had combined assets under management of over $57 billion and comprises the following brands: Delaware Life, Gainbridge, Clear Spring Health, Clear Spring Insurance, and Clear Spring Life.
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned Head of Marketing - Gainbridge that will own the holistic marketing strategy for all of Gainbridge, spanning both our direct-to-consumer and business-to-business platform offerings. Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer of Group 1001, you will strive to understand the existing lines of marketing and distribution at Group 1001 to provide a foundation of re-thinking how life and annuity products can be marketed and positioned to (1) a new demographic of self-empowered financial consumers and (2) tech companies seeking to provide intuitive financial solutions to their end consumers. You have the instincts and natural curiosity to experiment with tactics across a wide range of marketing activities, from digital marketing, direct marketing, PR, and mass media. Your background across varied industries has given you experience to distinguish “what great looks like” and the intuition to identify where to invest the marketing dollars to achieve the highest customer conversion given the data and analytics presented to you.
What You’ll Do
- Own the holistic strategy and KPIs for how we spend marketing dollars across all channels of digital marketing (search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, email marketing, etc.) and possess a bias towards experimentation to optimize conversion for both consumers and businesses.
- Collaborate internally with the Group 1001 Events teams, Sponsorships team, and Communications team and externally with marketing agencies to define the strategy and measures of success for every campaign.
- Identify tools and software needed to effectively generate and measure engagement by enterprise prospects for the B2B business.
- Learn about the insurance industry and products to assume a fresh perspective on how we position our products and educate the market for annuities and other financial products.
- Working closely with the Group 1001 Shared Marketing Team, you will oversee the execution of the various marketing campaigns and tactics to ensure they achieve Gainbridge’s strategic objectives.
- Pursue a data driven approach working with our team of product managers and data scientists to measure the performance of content, SEO initiatives and social media outlets.
- Be a champion for the business by interfacing with cross-functional teams and the executive leadership team so they know how we connect our marketing efforts to our mission, brand, and values.
What We Are Looking For
- 12+ years’ experience in marketing for B2B and/or B2C technology companies.
- Deep knowledge of strategy and tactics in demand generation, account-based marketing, and product marketing.
- Interest in and experience with the insurance industry and/or other financial services is a plus.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor to get the job done while having the aptitude and appetite to grow and manage a team over time.
- Self-starter mentality with ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules.
- Familiarity and ease with the fintech ecosystem, B2B and B2C technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses.
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, email, and presentation)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently.
What We Value
- A mindset to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
- Willingness and creativity to solve hard problems
- Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
- Diversity in experiences and thinking
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Generous time off offerings
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most innovative teams in the fintech industry and help transform how insurance and annuity products are distributed today.