Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Property and Casualty Company
Clear Spring Property and Casualty is a leading provider of property and casualty insurance. Our future-forward strategy is rooted in deep industry knowledge and a mastery of emerging technologies. Clear Spring Property and Casualty Company is a subsidiary of Delaware Life Insurance Company and its parent company, Group1001. Our relationship with these organizations has yielded an innovative technology platform that provides smarter risk management solutions for property and casualty insurance brokers. Clear Spring is dedicated to Group1001's mission: making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’re confident in our forward-thinking products, and that you’ll love partnering with us.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for compiling and preparing internal/external financial data necessary for company financial and regulatory reporting. In addition, the Senior Accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist management in compiling and preparing external and internal financial reporting data in accordance with statutory accounting principles.
- Review accounting issues and procedures and make recommendations regarding the implementation of accounting policies.
- Participate in the identification and development of analytical tools and reports to meet the needs of management.
- Assist regulatory agencies (and their representatives) and external auditors to ensure timely and accurate completion of their engagements.
- Maintain journals or subsidiary ledgers.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts. Research and resolve discrepancies and ensure that all accounts are reported accurately and timely.
- Review, prepare and maintain standard accounting journal entries.
- Maintain high audit standards to meet all regulatory and company requirements.
- Reconcile and record investment accounts maintained by the Company.
- Responsible for bank notification of stop payments and reissues.
- Reviews the daily cash sheets prior to management review and approval.
- Will work in connection with the Company financial institutions and custodians to resolve any discrepancies that may occur.
- Interact with Company’s internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Assist management in staying current with changing industry regulations.
- Review and approval of daily claims payments made by the Company within financial limits.
- Work in conjunction with the Company’s IT department to ensure systems are updated and workflow is efficient.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- Five plus years in increasingly responsible accounting roles.
- Experience in cash and investment accounting.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of statutory accounting principles.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interaction skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company. Also, demonstrate an understanding of the functions of other departments.
- Must perform duties under deadline pressure with multi‐tasking capabilities.
- Perform effectively when changes in priorities, direction and resources occur.
- Demonstrates understanding of mainframe, pc-based, and/or web-based applications.
Bachelor's degree. CPA designation preferred.