Senior Manager, Operational Efficiency
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
The Senior Manager, Operational Efficiency position will be responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing the most cost-effective approaches to administering the annuity business while maintaining a high quality of results, service and support. The areas of focus will include workforce management & staffing model, vendor relationships, and monitoring & managing performance of the operations team.
- Facilitate the identification, analysis, development and documentation of process improvements, operational performance metrics, process control and results management identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Work with management to develop a workforce management plan that reduces redundancies and inefficiencies while leveraging resources to administer the business.
- Manage staff schedule to ensure appropriate coverage to maintain target service levels.
- Develop analytics around processing times and call volumes to drive data driven decisions regarding staffing models.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure the cost, quality, and risk controls are being maintained with original agreements.
- Review existing vendor relationships to identify work that can be managed internally and implement solutions that optimize cost and quality
- Monitor metrics and report results to senior leaders within the organization, along with identifying operational efficiencies and changes that can be implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required and advanced level degree a plus.
- 8+ years relevant operations experience and management experience, required.
- Experience designing, implementing and leading continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Experience influencing other stakeholders and management.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Strong team leader and results oriented.