Human Resources Business Partner
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will provide human resources consultation and guidance to business leaders, managers and employees within an assigned organizational unit. The incumbent will consult with assigned management teams regarding workforce planning, compensation, performance management, employee relations, and HR policy/procedures. The role will develop and deliver presentations and training on HR topics as needed.
The HRBP will assist and/or lead special projects and will also seek opportunities to identify areas for process improvement and efficiencies. This position will report to the VP, Human Resources & Talent Acquisition Leader.
- Consults with business unit management in the strategic planning process and development of human resources strategies that support the unit's business needs.
- Provides overall strategic direction and long-term planning to ensure the achievement of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Partner with the business unit(s)' management team to provide coaching and consultation and support on leadership and organizational development, change management and employee engagement.
- Act as a consultant, advisor, facilitator and business partner with management and employees by thoroughly understanding the business issues of the organization and designing HR strategies to resolve identified business issues.
- Provide employee relations expertise to client groups ensuring compliance to company practices; state and federal employment law.
- Partner with Staffing and managers to ensure we are acquiring the right talent for the business unit(s).
- Coach Managers on employee relations issues.
- Investigate employee issues and concerns and recommend appropriate action.
- Proactively define, build and implement value-added HR strategies and solutions to enhance the business.
- Champion a positive culture, nurture talent, and seek opportunities to create a positive impact on the organization.
- 12+ years of HRBP experience with broad knowledge of multiple HR disciplines (diversity and inclusion, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, employee/labor relations, etc.).
- Demonstrated initiative and experience in leading and/or collaborating on innovative business improvement initiatives strongly desired.
- Knowledge of HR policies, practices, and federal and state laws.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and personal accountability; ability to use independent judgment, manage sensitive information, and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Workday.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, deadline driven environment; self-directed with the ability to work collaboratively or individually.
- An independent strategic thinker capable of understanding the full scope of projects while seeing individual tasks through to completion.
- Learn, interpret, prepare, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field is preferred.